Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Questions and Comments: COVID-19: WHAT I SEE.....

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Thanks guys, I understand now...To recap, these viruses are small enough to fit into a droplet of water...It's not literally breaking the virus up, right?...The areosolization process is merely separating it into the droplets (It's small enough to fit without literally breaking it into separate parts...I assume this means that viruses are in the form of multiple entities?...There isn't just one molecule of the virus in your body?....)...The virus is still a whole unit...Do I have that right on my thinking?...

Again, I appreciate the replies...Very interesting and intriguing to say the least!...Is 3 hrs considered a long time for a virus to be able to survive in a droplet of water while exposed to the air?...Curious?

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Thanks guys, I understand now...To recap, these viruses are small enough to fit into a droplet of water...It's not literally breaking the virus up, right?...The areosolization process is merely separating it into the droplets (It's small enough to fit without literally breaking it into separate parts...I assume this means that viruses are in the form of multiple entities?...There isn't just one molecule of the virus in your body?....)...The virus is still a whole unit...Do I have that right on my thinking?...

Again, I appreciate the replies...Very interesting and intriguing to say the least!...Is 3 hrs considered a long time for a virus to be able to survive in a droplet of water while exposed to the air?...Curious?

Yes. You have this right. A single tiny virus (though usually many more from a droplet of water or from a moist surface) invades your body, then the tiny virus will attach to a cell in your body, and inject its RNA (similar to DNA) into your cell, where it takes over some of your cell functions and reproduces many copies of itself, which rupture the cell and spread around your body where they attack other cells and continue to multiply until there are billions (maybe gazillions) of them. In very simple terms, your body responds initially with an itch and inflammation, then your immune system inspects and discovers the virus is foreign, and begins to produce antibodies to attack the virus, and eventually hopefully overwhelm the virus before it overwhelms your body. Your immune response is faster if you have had the virus (or a near strain of it) before, or if you have been vaccinated against it, due to your body's immunological memory. If you have never been exposed and the virus is aggressive enough, it will overwhelm your body before your natural defenses can attack it and destroy it (by it I mean the strain of virus which will become gazillions of individual viruses when it attacks your body).

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Yes. You have this right. A single tiny virus (though usually many more from a droplet of water or from a moist surface) invades your body, then the tiny virus will attach to a cell in your body, and inject its RNA (similar to DNA) into your cell, where it takes over some of your cell functions and reproduces many copies of itself, which rupture the cell and spread around your body where they attack other cells and continue to multiply until there are billions (maybe gazillions) of them. In very simple terms, your body responds initially with an itch and inflammation, then your immune system inspects and discovers the virus is foreign, and begins to produce antibodies to attack the virus, and eventually hopefully overwhelm the virus before it overwhelms your body. Your immune response is faster if you have had the virus (or a near strain of it) before, or if you have been vaccinated against it, due to your body's immunological memory. If you have never been exposed and the virus is aggressive enough, it will overwhelm your body before your natural defenses can attack it and destroy it (by it I mean the strain of virus which will become gazillions of individual viruses when it attacks your body).

Again, Woodwise, I do appreciate the response!...U've really cleared that up for me nicely!...U spawned another concern for me...In the last sentence u are saying that if one hasn't had this virus, and depending on how aggressive it is, your immune system will not be able to handle the load...Does that mean even if your immune system is at it's peak as far as being as good as it can get, that it still will NOT be able to fight the virus off if u get it?....Will it do any good to try and build your immune system up?...Sorry for the questions, woodwise, this has become extremely interesting to me for some reason...Let me know if u don't want to be badgered by my questions, I will understand...I know u are a busy man, especially being in the line of work that u are...:)

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Again, Woodwise, I do appreciate the response!...U've really cleared that up for me nicely!...U spawned another concern for me...In the last sentence u are saying that if one hasn't had this virus, and depending on how aggressive it is, your immune system will not be able to handle the load...Does that mean even if your immune system is at it's peak as far as being as good as it can get, that it still will NOT be able to fight the virus off if u get it?....Will it do any good to try and build your immune system up?...Sorry for the questions, woodwise, this has become extremely interesting to me for some reason...Let me know if u don't want to be badgered by my questions, I will understand...I know u are a busy man, especially being in the line of work that u are...:)

Edit:

Also, if the virus can be aerosolized, wouldn't it be able to get into our eyes as well?...How are these masked that cover only the mouth/nose going to work?...Another also, if water droplets containing the virus get on our skin, can't it be absorbed?...

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
not sure how I 'politicized' this thread as it was not a one sided. comments and questions were asked for so I gave one.
Because it’s a medical discussion. Not a media one. There’s another thread going for all the theories etc. Not calling you out but I wanted this to be health related and questions pertaining to the blog post of the same name.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Yes. If you have never had a virus or near strain, your body is more easily overwhelmed. This is why a new strain of virus like this is so frightening. Also, sometimes your body can over-react, thus your immune response can kill you, even if the virus does not. What I am reading about this virus is that different people respond differently to the virus, so it is somewhat unpredictable how bad you will get it if infected.
I believe the best thing you can do is to stay active and healthy. Exercise increases the circulation of blood and body fluids and improves the functioning of our whole body, including our immune system. Zinc, vitamin C, a general multivitamin, will all help. If you think you might be getting sick (or just as a preventative measure) suck on a couple zinc tablets each day. This virus apparently attacks via sinuses and throat. I imagine if you rub it in your eyes, it could enter your sinuses then throat via your tear ducts. This is why you should resist touching your face, and wash your hands frequently, especially after being in public.
Sucking on zinc losenges can help saturate your throat with zinc, which I have read is anti viral. If you have a sore throat or beginnings of a dry cough, frequent gargling with listerine, gargling with salt water, drinking hot tea, all can help you fight the infection.

I know some guys who are taking glutathione to boost the healt of their immune system. I have no idea whether this is a good idea.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Yes. If you have never had a virus or near strain, your body is more easily overwhelmed. This is why a new strain of virus like this is so frightening. Also, sometimes your body can over-react, thus your immune response can kill you, even if the virus does not. What I am reading about this virus is that different people respond differently to the virus, so it is somewhat unpredictable how bad you will get it if infected.
I believe the best thing you can do is to stay active and healthy. Exercise increases the circulation of blood and body fluids and improves the functioning of our whole body, including our immune system. Zinc, vitamin C, a general multivitamin, will all help. If you think you might be getting sick (or just as a preventative measure) suck on a couple zinc tablets each day. This virus apparently attacks via sinuses and throat. I imagine if you rub it in your eyes, it could enter your sinuses then throat via your tear ducts. This is why you should resist touching your face, and wash your hands frequently, especially after being in public.
Sucking on zinc losenges can help saturate your throat with zinc, which I have read is anti viral. If you have a sore throat or beginnings of a dry cough, frequent gargling with listerine, gargling with salt water, drinking hot tea, all can help you fight the infection.

I know some guys who are taking glutathione to boost the healt of their immune system. I have no idea whether this is a good idea.

Thanks, bro!...I haven't ever had the flu...I occasionally get the common cold at the change of the season...Never had a flu shot...I have had the chicken pocks tho...In adulthood (24, I think I was)...Thought I was gonna die!...Anyway, that is the history of my virus, bacteria infections thru my life..

I 110% agree with exercising...I'm a firm believer in it...Just on the sheer muscularity side that I ONECE had back in my teens (17), the literal muscles saved my life according to the doc (had a real bad motorcycle accident...Also, like u said, blood flow is increased tremendously from what I've read and definitely allows for more repair, nutrient, mineral, ect getting to where it needs to to help a persons overall health...

U've got me concerned tho about it being unpredictable...No likey!....Again, makes me feel like it was engineered...Anyway, I think i'm gonna have to deve into the study of this subject...Never have...I have looked into a lot of other stuff thru out my life (self-taught on most of it)...However, this and quantum physics and other quantum sciences, I haven't ...

Again, much appreciated for you taking the time to explain this...Peace!

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Thanks, bro!...I haven't ever had the flu...I occasionally get the common cold at the change of the season...Never had a flu shot...I have had the chicken pocks tho...In adulthood (24, I think I was)...Thought I was gonna die!...Anyway, that is the history of my virus, bacteria infections thru my life..
U've got me concerned tho about it being unpredictable...No likey!....Again, makes me feel like it was engineered...Anyway, I think i'm gonna have to deve into the study of this subject...Never have...I have looked into a lot of other stuff thru out my life (self-taught on most of it)...However, this and quantum physics and other quantum sciences, I haven't ...

Again, much appreciated for you taking the time to explain this...Peace!

You have probably had the flu and thought it was a cold. The flu is pretty much in general circulation on our population and most of us will get some version of it every few years or so.

As far as unpredictable, I think that has less to do with the virus, than variation in the humans who catch it . . . some of us may have been exposed to a different strain of coronavirus in the past, thus giving us heightened immune sensitivity, some of us are in better shape, some of us have better habits that might improve our chances, etc.

I am not a big believer in conspiracy theories. I am of the firm opinion that most believers in conspiracy theories are more likely to be motivated to believe them because they help the person re-inforce their ideology and beliefs and to make them less open to the hard cold and oftentime much more boring, though easily provable, facts.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
You have probably had the flu and thought it was a cold. The flu is pretty much in general circulation on our population and most of us will get some version of it every few years or so.

I beleive u are right...There have been a few episodes in the last few years where the mucous produced had different varying colors to it...I also felt worse, not to mention it took longer to go away...Usually, my colds will go away in about 2-3days (symptom's, anyway)...I will hit vitamin C in heavy loads for that time period...However, here lately, as stated above, on a few occasions it has taken 2-3 weeks!...

As far as unpredictable, I think that has less to do with the virus, than variation in the humans who catch it . . . some of us may have been exposed to a different strain of coronavirus in the past, thus giving us heightened immune sensitivity, some of us are in better shape, some of us have better habits that might improve our chances, etc.

Makes sense!....Again, I'm with u on the health admonition...Most of the people I went to high school with look 20-30 years older than me, with exception of a few (they exercise and have always like me)...They partied hard too!...I did a little parting before marriage, however, I still always made it to the gym and I would limit myself most of the time when partying...Rarely did I go overboard with it...

I am not a big believer in conspiracy theories. I am of the firm opinion that most believers in conspiracy theories are more likely to be motivated to believe them because they help the person re-inforce their ideology and beliefs and to make them less open to the hard cold and oftentime much more boring, though easily provable, facts.

Sorta like a crutch...I understand what u are saying on that...I use to have that same or rather similar mindset on it...However, once a became a minor history buff, I stumbled upon conspiracys purported all thru out human written history by a lot of people, mostly well to do and powerful...

One of the major turn around points on my view of it, was my own family!...I don't know how many times I eyewitnessed most of my blood relatives doing this stuff...To one another most of the time!...

For me, it's not based on my beliefs/ideologies, but rather actual evidence of it...Of course, I am human, and as u say, I am more susceptible to drawing a conclusion based from my beliefs...And am quite sure a lot of people do this unnecessarily (think conspiracy)...Anyway, really nice talking with u bro...U seem to be straight forward and a person I wouldn't mind being friends with...

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
@Mike_RN read your update about moving your daughter out of house. Very difficult decision for you and your wife and i'm sorry you had to have to make this difficult decision. Props to you for doing this for the better of family health.
I'm prayin for you guys every day. The area you are in is just crazy. I don't see that in my area and shit man, i give props to you.
You are doing great and please keep up the great work. I wish I had those filters to give you, because I sure as hell would have in a heartbeat. After reading your posts and seeing what high populated areas are going through.

Sure hope your wife remains vigilant and safe and that the hospital will make decisions to better health of their workers.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic