Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Questions and Comments: COVID-19: WHAT I SEE.....

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Thank you Mike. We already have a very few posting here who are on the frontlines of the COVID-19 or who are closely related to someone who is. Your addition is most welcome. The information we get from you guys will give us a more accurate picture of what to expect than what we read and hear from the various politicians who are so readily available in all forms of "the media."

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Thanks for making the thread Mike. Genuinely appreciated!

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Mike, what is your opinion on the time frame, overall eradication and fall out of this mess?...What is the future looking like?...

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Also, I've been noticing people when they wash their hands...From what I can tell, they might as well not do it...Isn't there a good reason why docs/nurses/surgical pro's scrub?...Don't u have to really scrub for about 2-3 mins with a really good disinfectant type soap to get rid of the containments on your body (hands, arms, etc)?....

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Hey @Mike_RN , thanks for posting and opening this one up for comments.

It is different to hear a perspective from a heavily populated area, rather than from the more rural areas. Just interesting.
I also have a few close friends in healthcare, but again more in rural areas where the virus is not as prevalent (as of yet lol).

Again, thank you and stay safe.....

D

dan gable

VIP Member
Dec 27, 2017
What are your thoughts on masks? Even just a surgical one not an N95. It seems like the CDC might be changing its guide once about using masks

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Mike, what is your opinion on the time frame, overall eradication and fall out of this mess?...What is the future looking like?...
I am being told that peak for US is anywhere from end of May to early July. Here in NJ/NY/PA/CT area we will prolly peak end of April. There is evidence that passive immunity and recovered patients will be safe but re-infection has not been ruled out yet.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Also, I've been noticing people when they wash their hands...From what I can tell, they might as well not do it...Isn't there a good reason why docs/nurses/surgical pro's scrub?...Don't u have to really scrub for about 2-3 mins with a really good disinfectant type soap to get rid of the containments on your body (hands, arms, etc)?....
Old school nursing we sang “Happy Bithday” twice while rubbing hands vigorously from forearms down before rinsing. Anything less will help but that’s what we do.(approximately 25seconds)

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
What are your thoughts on masks? Even just a surgical one not an N95. It seems like the CDC might be changing its guide once about using masks
We are masking up as soon as we enter the hospital. No exceptions everyone from the kitchen staff to the few visitors allowed in must be surgical masked at all times.

Even a tshirt wrapped around your face will offer some mechanical barrier which is better than none. Fuck the CDCs indecisiveness we’re wearing masks ”in house” and I also wear a simple surgical mask at the grocery store, Sams CLUB and anyplace where I might be forced to share space with crowds.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
I had a minor surgery about a year ago. I was given 3 "kits" to use to help prep myself at home in the last few days before admission, at which time of course the Pro's took over. Each kit was allegedly the same as what those Pro's in the OR use. It contained a bar of soap (not sure if this was a special soap or not) AND a little plastic thing to clean your fingernails with. We are hearing the "wash your hands" phrase a lot these days. My takeaway from last year was that attention to "hands" includes fingernails; microbes like bacteria and virus can fit anywhere.

enjoy_tren

enjoy_tren

VIP Member
Jan 7, 2014
what are your thoughts on the infection rate rising up again even when this thing "flattens out" and everyone goes back to their daily lives? Most experts have said that's inevitable. To me it seems like we're self quarantining so that we dont overburden our healthcare facilities

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic