Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Question on chest press

HardManifest

HardManifest

MuscleHead
Nov 21, 2022
Does anyone use the independent chest press? I have a strange anatomy. I am perpendicular dominant. My lower left and upper right extremities are stronger than my upper left and lower right. My local gym has most everything except the flat independent chest press. I found a $200 bench on amazon. There is the independent upper and lower chest press. When I do sets on on the Olympic barbell flat bench press I tend to favor my dominating strengths. I am thinking of purchasing this cheap amazon chest press to spend more time on my upper left. During the scamdemic lockdowns I purchased some 2" plates while everything was locked down and people had their thumbs up their ass wearing a napkin on their face. Once the gyms reopened I went back.

Is it worth getting? How do you compensate on your weak areas? I once asked Jay Cutler and he said, "Fuckoff kid. I am busy selling T-Shirts" .

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Just make sure that 440lbs rating is not including you. My buddy had his rack fail at home and the manufacturer told him he exceded the weight limit since body weight of the user was not factored into their rating.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I never work one side more than the other. Even when I am doing stuff like rows and my left side is stronger than my right. I do my right side first and if I get 15 reps with the right then I stop at 15 with the left even though I could probably get 17-18.

That being said, you could just use one of the chest press machines that are available at the gym that are not independent and press with just one side.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic