Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Question for the women here

TheClap

TheClap

VIP Member
Oct 25, 2011
What for you, other than stimulants, has increased energy levels and overall mood? My sweet wife has been feeling very tired and just... unmotivated, kinda sad lately. Lazy is like her (nothing negative by that she pushes past it), but sad? Not her AT ALL! Of course she waits until she's days - weeks into this to tell me. And on a Sat so I can't get her to my doc today for a blood test. Will get her to the doc on Monday for thorough lab work. If the female hormone panel from privatemd had TSH, Free T3,T4 I'd get her there today. But with good insurance it'll be cheaper through the doc. And I doubt it's her thyroid. She could eat pie and ice cream all day and not get fat.

She's just straight trying to put on muscle right now so no T3 or T4 for her, unless her labs say she needs it. At least unless she's on something anabolic as well.

Looking for answers/ideas of any kind - Vitamins, AAS, sups, peptides etc. Whatever has helped. Was thinking of having her get a script for fluoxetine from the doc as it's an anti-depressant that increases energy. But it takes a good amount of time to kick in and it's pretty hard on the appetite as well. Maybe have her get a script for a small run of the immediate release Wellbutrin or another quick acting SDRI or SNDRI. But some of those are buh-nasty to come off of. And she's normally NEVER depressed, or anxious - Total opposite of me, she's sane.

...though I just get hypomanic and nutty, not depressed.

Thanks in advance!

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Cardio helps me. Walking especially helps. It's relaxing and just leaves me feeling better in general

NavyChief

NavyChief

VIP Member
Sep 26, 2013
Clap my wife had some of the same issues. Progesterone (2.5% cream ) and testosterone cream (1mg per day) have done absolute wonders for her.

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
What's her diet like? Lots of carbs will make you tired. How much sleep is she getting?

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
I'm wearing my vagina tonight so I'm allowed to answer this. Women are emotional beings. So, tend to her emotional needs. Take her on a trip. Remind her of all the beauty of the world. Show her something she has never seen before.

TheClap

TheClap

VIP Member
Oct 25, 2011
Good advice from everyone! For cardio we've mostly kept it to HIIT, but maybe it would be good to just have a nice walk in the evenings or something. That does perk up my mood and energy level... all 3 times I have done it hahaha.

Thanks for the details Navy. We'll get her progesterone checked too. Hadn't thought about that one. Did your wife have a slow onset of hormonal changes? (meaning before the HRT) This came on very abruptly... though women can fluctuate quickly like that I guess.

Diet needs improvement. Well, for achieving a rock hard body it does. But she eats healthy "real" foods, not crap. Fruits, veges, meats and whole grains. She has a lot of trouble getting enough protein in though... to reach her goals at least.

And thank you for wearing your vagina GS! That really is good advice. I really should start putting a little more attention toward her and her interests and a little less on my own... and with that I'm off the forums for the night.

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
I would have her take a step back and take a look at her life recently - any changes? Any new stresses? Change in diet? Change in activity? That time of the month? My first thought would also be to thyroid as well. How old is she? Women go thru a number of hormonal changes as they go thru life and any of those could introduce a fluctation that produces a particular mood.

But outside of that, I would suggest checking out Inositol - it is a B-vitamin so nothing crazy. If you google depression & inositol, you will see that it is used as an OTC treatment. The recommended is get it in powder form and not in a caplet w/ anything else. Just use it as indicated on the container. I suggest checking out Swanson online - they have a powder product that is about $10. Very cheap thing to try for mood management and works pretty quickly.

TheClap

TheClap

VIP Member
Oct 25, 2011
clap, what is her age?
She's only 30 yrs old. Talking to my sister (the one I actually like) she said she had a similar drop in energy right in the middle of 30.

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
could be thyroid over acting as well ...

what about vitamin d ? does she take it regularly ?

otherwise focusing on the things that get her excited and repeating that as often as possible is the best solution...

maybe a tanning package and a bad ass hike would perk her up?
I know it works for me

gunrunner

gunrunner

Jul 24, 2013
I'm not sure whee you live but I get a little depression sometimes when I don't get any sunlight for an extended period. You want to get out in the natural sunlight if you can. You want it on your skin and some into your eyes without looking directly at the sun. If your are out in the sun do so without sunglasses helps a lot. Tanning beds are the next best thing to natural sunlight. Also, as mentioned, check Vit D3 levels.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic