Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh

question for bench experts.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
............If you don't have the genes, but still work hard, you will be mediocre.

You can be far better than mediocre if you work hard. Now, let's be honest... none of us are going to be the next Eric L. but you can achieve a Elite total, maybe not Int. Elite but you can achieve Elite. This shit takes years..... even decades.

MaxSeg

MaxSeg

MuscleHead
Aug 23, 2012
Holy Shit! Ive been doing it so wrong all these years....... damn damn damn

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
This would be a great starting point...... for someone who has never held a barbell before and wants to bring a tape measure to the gym.... LOL

The fu<king guys a T-nation crack me up.... there's some decent stuff on there - Dave Tate writes pretty good stuff even if he makes himself out to be this hardcore badass from hell.... lol.....
But seriously, look at how much the author benches. Look at what contests they've won.

In the end of the day you want to be wide enough so that your wrists are never inside of your elbows. Anywhere between that point and the widest legal grip you can use is fair game.

The guys who get hung up on this stuff never do much in the real world. Your time would be better spent working on how to blow your belly out more, tucking your shoulders back more, and getting a big arch..... None of thos things come naturally but all can be improved if you work on them. That's much more worthwhile to worry about.

I understand that using bio test supplements will add 100lbs to your bench once you achieve ideal hand placement.

Joliver

Joliver

MuscleHead
Jan 19, 2014
I built my bench setup based on reducing shoulder rotation and shifting the bias away from the least durable joints and muscle groups, so less shoulder and more tricep. That article may be a good starting point, but you won't know without experimentation.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I built my bench setup based on reducing shoulder rotation and shifting the bias away from the least durable joints and muscle groups, so less shoulder and more tricep. That article may be a good starting point, but you won't know without experimentation.
Turned out the tricep wasn't so durable though lol

Joliver

Joliver

MuscleHead
Jan 19, 2014
Turned out the tricep wasn't so durable though lol

I laughed at that. I don't even know why...lol! I moved my grip out a bit to compensate for the tricep--separated my AC for the effort. I'm probably going to set my new bench groove over my face and just get it over with.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
I understand that using bio test supplements will add 100lbs to your bench once you achieve ideal hand placement.

Maybe if they still made the old Mag-10 ....... LOL

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic