Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Question for any BB competitors that BARELY make weight

ajdonutz

ajdonutz

VIP Member
May 23, 2012
So In the past I've competed lhw and had no problem making weight, I plan to compete in the classic physique at my coming show and also in lhw but for classic physique i will have to cut an extra 6 lbs from bb and i was going to come In right at 198 for this show as it was. Sooo I'm probably going to have a few lbs to suck down the last day or so before the show.

So for those out there who suck down to a weight class below and have to force your weight down last minute, how do you go about it? I mean I'm assuming dehydration and diuretics before weigh ins, but then that would be dehydration for 2 days straight and I've never toyed with that either.. so I'm looking for some insight on anyone willing to give it, this will be my first dance with struggling to make weight lol

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Having starved myself down to MW twice at the expense of coming in flat and losing leg mass...I say don't. Compete at LHW and wait a while before jumping into Classic Physique (if ever). The Class is too new and they have no fucking clue what they want from it. I've seen everything from MPD moes with shorter shorts to BB'ers that shoulda just done the Open BB portion. Classic Physique is pretty iffy right now and I certainly wouldn't try to compete as a tight & full LHW BB'er, after dropping that much water for Classic, in the same show.

I've always come in (and brought others in) my/they're best when stopping the cut when the mirror says stop not the scale. Just my $0.02

LITTLEMAGS

LITTLEMAGS

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2010
i have always had to cut down to make middles...off season around 215-220 depending on my fat-ness. I have in the past would usually just drop fluids out an extra day early and use OTC durex from the grocery store for 10 ten days prior.
re feed right after weigh-ins...it has worked well for me.

ajdonutz

ajdonutz

VIP Member
May 23, 2012
i have always had to cut down to make middles...off season around 215-220 depending on my fat-ness. I have in the past would usually just drop fluids out an extra day early and use OTC durex from the grocery store for 10 ten days prior.
re feed right after weigh-ins...it has worked well for me.
This sounds about like what I was planning. So you stay carb depleted until right after weigh ins?

And for the water depletion, do you go the full 2 days no water at all? Or sip throughout day on weigh in day and have some after weigh ins before dropping again?

And have you successfully come in full this way? I don't have much problem filling out for the most part, but obviously severe depletion can make it tricky. I didn't have an issue in the past competing but I also didn't have to do as drastic to make weight.

Thank you Mike for you input as well, I am still weighing options.

LITTLEMAGS

LITTLEMAGS

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2010
I do stay depleted until weigh in BUT morning of weigh in I do use glycerol. It does help once you add pedilite. It is a fine line between filling out and spilling over. To me it really is about to timing. When I know I will be struggling w weight I will usually drop water in Thursday at 5. If I really have issues I will drop at 12.... Sucks but have done it in past.
Once I weigh in and make it. (Have had to spit in past. Lol). I will drink 15-20 oz of fluid and dry carbs. It always works for me.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    133.2 KB · Views: 283
ajdonutz

ajdonutz

VIP Member
May 23, 2012
I do stay depleted until weigh in BUT morning of weigh in I do use glycerol. It does help once you add pedilite. It is a fine line between filling out and spilling over. To me it really is about to timing. When I know I will be struggling w weight I will usually drop water in Thursday at 5. If I really have issues I will drop at 12.... Sucks but have done it in past.
Once I weigh in and make it. (Have had to spit in past. Lol). I will drink 15-20 oz of fluid and dry carbs. It always works for me.
I pmd you just now brotha.. thanks..

LITTLEMAGS

LITTLEMAGS

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2010
I usually eat the same up till 5 days out...and just drop carbs down to min. I usually don't go lower than 50 grams. I watch salt intake and usually will eat boiled chicken and spinach or broccoli. night before show same but will add steak...small pieces at a time throughout the day. small coffee black morning of show with more steak pieces.
after weigh-ins---I will do my water uptake with sweet potatoes...and rice cakes. I just eat like that until I go on. Nothing crazy...this is what has worked perfect for me for years.

gotclen

gotclen

VIP Member
Oct 20, 2011
So, AJ what happen at your competition? Did you do both classes? What was the out come
of the extra water drop? It would be great to hear your thoughts post show etc.
GC

ajdonutz

ajdonutz

VIP Member
May 23, 2012
So, AJ what happen at your competition? Did you do both classes? What was the out come
of the extra water drop? It would be great to hear your thoughts post show etc.
GC
I actually ended up not having a problem making weight, came in 4 lbs under without any extra craziness. Did well in the class as well, left with some hardware. Ill stick to just bodybuilding from now on though, I enjoy it more for sure and classic just didn't feel right.

gotclen

gotclen

VIP Member
Oct 20, 2011
Thanks for the follow up to your story.
So worry that ended not even being a factor.
Was your conditioning much better then in the past?
I would think so.
All the best
Gc

ajdonutz

ajdonutz

VIP Member
May 23, 2012
Yessir. Fully striated glutes and tris for the first time.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic