Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

question about androgel

bigrobbie

bigrobbie

TID OG Member
Sep 19, 2010
I'm curious as to anyone's opinion on androgel...

I can read all the profiles online but I want to from somebody who has experience with it and can tell me how it compares to IM testosterone...

I would also like any pointers from anyone who is familiar with TRT. I know that is vague but I'm looking for somewhere to begin my therapy. Is it a bad idea to level with the doctor about my background as far as the years of running cycles or should I simply let my blood work do the talking (so to speak).

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
I told my doc i didnt want a transdermal because i have young kids, and told him i was set on using IM test. When i told him i was gonna use test with or without his approval, he sent me to my endocrinologist who then wrote me a script for depo test. The rest is history :)

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
Androgel does not work as well as IM. Androgel at max dose put me around 400 total test. At the starting dose actually lowered my test levels by 150 points. 150mg a week puts me at 700 on the 7th day with IM. If I do subq E4D my level doesn't drop below 1300. I'd say Androgel isn't even worth your time to try.

M

mfer

Nov 28, 2011
Tried the Andro Gel and Testim,both had no effect,but it depends on your body's dermal layer from what I've been told.

bigrobbie

bigrobbie

TID OG Member
Sep 19, 2010
Thanks guys...I was thinking that it may not be worth crap. I have a young daughter so thanks for the reminder about that.

Are your doctors good about keeping estrogen in check? I have heard horror stories about doctors in anti-aging seeming to either not care or not know enough about estrogen levels, testicular atrophy, etc...

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
Mine were not concerned with estrogen for unknown reasons. The anti aging docs I think are more concerned because they understand it better and can sell you more products. It's not cheap going that route.

Due to changing insurance my trt became uncovered so I went with the anti aging for the test script and get my ai on my own.

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
i find androgel to be bunk compared to the fact of the cost for it....Anyone is much better off with a vial of ugl test.dw

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I've compounded my own transdermal test with test base and phlo gel ultra, and I've been pleased with the results. You only get about 50% absorption, but I'm OK with that.

bigrobbie

bigrobbie

TID OG Member
Sep 19, 2010
Thanks for the feedback guys...

SJA

SJA

MuscleHead
Feb 24, 2011
I've compounded my own transdermal test with test base and phlo gel ultra, and I've been pleased with the results. You only get about 50% absorption, but I'm OK with that.

Yeah.....but your TD is WAY better than Androgel. Androgel is an alcohol gel with 1.6% concentration. it is far inferior to PJU or others that we compound in our community. IMO, Androgel is the last thing that I would recommend.

As for transdermals, I have seen a LOT of people do very well with them and have also seen the creams ineffective. depending on how much fat you have on your body, how thick your skin is etc, mileage will vary. If you have good vascularity it works extremely well. The down side is that you can transfer it to your loved ones (which may not be bad if your old lady needs a libido boost LOL)>

With that said, nothing beats injects. In the world of TRT, I have even seen some people have trouble getting their T up using 150mg or even 300mg inject per week. I would assume that these may be the ones who will have issues with the transdermal methods.

W

Wilboito

Feb 6, 2012
I told my doc i didnt want a transdermal because i have young kids, and told him i was set on using IM test. When i told him i was gonna use test with or without his approval, he sent me to my endocrinologist who then wrote me a script for depo test. The rest is history :)

Sorry if this is a stupid question (total noob), why should you not use androgel if you have small kids?

whowhatwhenwhere

whowhatwhenwhere

Scammer
Dec 15, 2010
My dad was prescribed it (he doesnt workout other then some biking and light gym workouts)

It made him feel "better" and put him in a better mood. He got morning hardons again as well. It was a annoying to deal with the application of it...

Ive never had the conversation with him on my AAS but I was laughing as he told me this as id much rather shoot a quick IM shot then spend 10 minutes rubbing on gel and worried about absorption rates and shit like that.

If someone was using it for well being I'd say it may be worth it but for what you or i are used to experiencing from testosterone I'd say it was pointless.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic