Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Quad separation technique

P

plank

Sep 16, 2010
QUESTION

I am at 6% body fat, 196lbs. WORKING OUT 25 YEARS.

My legs have very nice size and mediocre quad separation. Quads have nice size overall. I notice more separation
from the prejudging to the evening show, from squeezing oF course, SO:

WHAT APPROACH CAN HELP WITH QUAD SEPARATION 8 WEEKS OUT FROM A SHOW.....?
What techniques or exercises would you suggest?

T

Tony Delk

Sep 15, 2010
Just different width on stances. Toes in, toes out etc. Like BS said though, hard training. Rep it till you cant see, throw up, pass out whatever it takes. I obliterate my legs every session to the point I feel sick as hell for atleast an hour or more after the session. My legs are seperated, and huge for my size. This seems to go for everything ive trained. The more intensity I add to my workout the more detail and seperation I notice.

Contant tension techniques may help as well. Going just short of lockout on leg presses, hacks etc.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
I like lunges for medialus, single leg extensions for intermedius, and close stance squats for lateralus. I believe the key to separation is a focused target.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
If posing does it the day of the show would frequent/lengthy posing sessions starting further out help?

myosaurus

myosaurus

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 21, 2010
my 2 cents on how to display quad separations... first, never lock out the knees. the key IMO is engaging upper quads around hip region. imagine doing isometric leg extension, leg raise, and pivot your feet outward against floor.

red rocket

red rocket

Feb 17, 2011
If posing does it the day of the show would frequent/lengthy posing sessions starting further out help?

For the last 4 weeks prior to getting on stage its good to hit ALL of your poses every night and hold em for a good 30-45 seconds. This will help in a few ways.

1 Its going to help you with your form and make sure your poses are bang on.

2 It is almost like cardio, you will work up quite a sweat by going through them all 3 or 4 times a night.

3 It has a hardening effect on the muscle itself.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
QUESTION

I am at 6% body fat, 196lbs. WORKING OUT 25 YEARS.

My legs have very nice size and mediocre quad separation. Quads have nice size overall. I notice more separation
from the prejudging to the evening show, from squeezing oF course, SO:

WHAT APPROACH CAN HELP WITH QUAD SEPARATION 8 WEEKS OUT FROM A SHOW.....?
What techniques or exercises would you suggest?

Hard to believe that if you are truly at 6%bf, you are not showing separation. You sure you are not off on your estimation of bf?

What is your skinfold? If the fat is not there, the muscles are going to show.

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
What is the best cardio for leaning out your legs ?? step mill ?

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Posing and massages will help bring out more definition.

red rocket

red rocket

Feb 17, 2011
What is the best cardio for leaning out your legs ?? step mill ?

I find the step mill is the best for maintaining the size of your legs, but for definition and separation I'd go for the bike

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic