Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Pushing ourselves...

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
It's funny sometimes when we are on track, shit dialed in, a head and heart filled with go, then here comes that curve.

I've been sick for about 3 weeks. The first week was moderate I thought and ended up horse and hard to understand. I figured that was the worst because I've just been feeling drained throughout my work shifts and workouts + a cough that hasn't gone away.

The last few days it's been getting worse again, I took my mom out for lunch yesterday and she talked me into stopping by an urgent care (walk in) clinic. It appears I have pneumonia. My dumb ass was at the place thinking about that night's workout and how I was going to lighten up since I've been feeling bad.

We get in that mode and it's like we are machines that just keep going.

Not really a big concern with the pneumonia, I'll take my script and be fine I'm sure. I'm going on 50 now, hell, I'm no spring chicken anymore and have to stop ignoring shit and pushing through shit. I've always ignored being sick and did what I had to do.

It's difficult to get out of that mindset sometimes.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
lol .... you're a full blooded male animal going on 50, and it's still Mom who talks some sense into you. I like to think that old "3 score and 10" underestimates current expectations for most of us, but some things about our timelines never change.

Listen to the doc, LISTEN to Mom, and get some chicken soup .......

Reactions: HDH
Determined

Determined

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2012
Hope you feel better soon man! It’s hard to let up, I just hope I’m still pushing like you when I’m 50

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
Thought we were supposed to get wiser as we aged..

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I'm glad she talked you into going to the walk in, you were really a 3rd wheel on our lunch date bro, take the hint next time.....

Feel better bro, some early shit going around from what I am seeing in my many offices.

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
lol .... you're a full blooded male animal going on 50, and it's still Mom who talks some sense into you. I like to think that old "3 score and 10" underestimates current expectations for most of us, but some things about our timelines never change.

Listen to the doc, LISTEN to Mom, and get some chicken soup .......

Ya, I think Mom was getting even, I made he go to the eye doc before lunch :D

Hope you feel better soon man! It’s hard to let up, I just hope I’m still pushing like you when I’m 50

Bud, from what I've seen out of you over the years, you will be.

Thought we were supposed to get wiser as we aged..

There is a thin line between wiser and growth. We just have to push those limits sometimes ;)

I'm glad she talked you into going to the walk in, you were really a 3rd wheel on our lunch date bro, take the hint next time.....

Feel better bro, some early shit going around from what I am seeing in my many offices.

Ya, she told me to make sure you get some HCG (at least that's what I told her the problem was). I'll hold her off as best I can but she won't believe you can't get any for very long.

Maybe if you turn the lights out :eek:

I'm hoping I don't spread it all around work.

M

metsfan4life

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2014
Get better man. thats a long time to be sick! but i completely agree with you, that mindset is a huge thing. I avoid going to the Dr period unless Im 1) forced 2) taken by EMS or 3) just simply know something major is going on. Your dedication to the life is what keeps you going at that age :) sorry, couldnt resist

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Get better man. thats a long time to be sick! but i completely agree with you, that mindset is a huge thing. I avoid going to the Dr period unless Im 1) forced 2) taken by EMS or 3) just simply know something major is going on. Your dedication to the life is what keeps you going at that age :) sorry, couldnt resist
No apology is necessary, it is what keeps me going. I have no intentions on shriveling up.

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
Best wishes in your recovery, @HDH
One of my favorite coaches used to constantly tell me that, "The difference between being good and great is knowing the difference between pain and injury." Gotta know when to throttle back, brother.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Get better brother, I had a badass bout with Pneumonia a few years ago, had to suck the liquid outta my lungs i waited so long..lol

We are ALPHA it is the way it is my friend smart like a tractor, strong like a bull.

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
I pushed 50 once, it rolled back and almost killed me.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic