Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Pulling the legs out from under Paleo...completely.

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
I'm up in the air on Aragon in general. I've read extensive scientific research on MCT oil and medium chain triglycerides and he wrote a whole paper saying this shit was false basically... He cites a lot of studies but it makes me wonder if he just isn't the Michael Moore of the scientific/nutrition community... Collecting just enough fact to paint a biased picture or create a contradiction to something that was otherwise proven .. Idk about the Paleo thing as I would have to read the sources and publication but still it makes me wonder

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
I'm up in the air on Aragon in general. I've read extensive scientific research on MCT oil and medium chain triglycerides and he wrote a whole paper saying this shit was false basically... He cites a lot of studies but it makes me wonder if he just isn't the Michael Moore of the scientific/nutrition community... Collecting just enough fact to paint a biased picture or create a contradiction to something that was otherwise proven .. Idk about the Paleo thing as I would have to read the sources and publication but still it makes me wonder

I get the feeling you didn't watch the video.

Alan does go against the grain in a lot of things, I will give you that. However, he backs it up with some pretty good science and evidence. He explains one reason why things in this industry are never as they seem; and thats the two major ways studies are conducted. Let's also not forget the amount of studies done with an agenda.

I don't agree with you on collecting "just enough". "just enough" is enough to at least dispute the original study, and if it's just enough, then there is doubt. Many of his arguments have a lot more than just enough too. For instance, if you actually watch the vid, he has a ton of research disputing the whole Paleo diet and its theories.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic