Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

pull ups

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
i dont know about most of you but i find pull ups are the best way top build a super back...Over the yeqars of training back..ive been threw all the major lifts to build my back...everything from bent over rows too one arm rolls too cabel pully and deadlifts....ive done everything under the sun but now i have came too realize that pull ups are the best way to roll for a good back...hell,i dont do nothing but pullups for back now of days...this is what i do for my back twice a week

wide grip pulls.........5 sets of 15
mid grip pulls........5 sets of 15
close grip............5 sets of 15
workout time 35 mins
As you can see the diff grips allow me to hit evey angle for the back...I say WHY DO CERTAIN LIFTS THAT DONT SHIT FOR YA?.....So if your stuck in in a fucken hole and you cant get that back your looking for then maybe u need to go back to the darwing board and figure shit out that works for you....Just because something is standard doesnt mean its right for you....find you footprints and then you will grow...........Also,keep in mind..keep things basic ....When you start adding more shit then likely your wasteing time .......dw

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
You ever add weight to yourself for pulls, or do you just focus on contraction?

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
You ever add weight to yourself for pulls, or do you just focus on contraction?

really no need to add weight bro...i just focus on the muscles that are working ...not that adding weight to your pulls up is a bad thing...long as u you can pull the weight without being sloppy...but in reality of them..i think adding weight is not nessary......heavy weight doesnt make muscles bigger...its how u hit the muscle hard..tear it down and let it rebuild..but at the same tokken heavy weight builds slow twich muscle which builds a much thicker muscle and slow twichmuscle sticks around alot longer then fast twich....blance is the key...i know it sounds like im going back and fourth and not giving u a refine answer but as long as your working out it will all come into place.but as far as pull ups in my experiance ive added weight and i dont see much of a diff then not adding...by adding weight is will make u alot stronger on your pull ups once u drop the weight off and allows u to do more a set....but other then that ...no diff in building muslce..dw

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
Thx for the wisdom....will toss some pulls in next week and see how it rolls.

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
Reverse Grip pullups really hammer the bis hard too! Always leaves them feelin pumped for me.

Demigod

Demigod

VIP Member
Sep 24, 2010
For awhile I threw pull ups in at the end of my back workout which made them so damn hard,lol.....

cyto33

cyto33

MuscleHead
Sep 15, 2010
i just started this approach. i seen a builder with an amazing back and i wanted it for myself. i have a good looking structure for my back but i want more. like everyone else.
i'm going try to step it up a bit further as i have been doing wode grip and close.

B

bigscott

Oct 22, 2010
pullups make for a wide and detailed back ... one of the best things you can do for back !!!

hugerobb

hugerobb

VIP Strength Advisor
Sep 15, 2010
I do pull ups on back day great way too get the vshape

jdjack

jdjack

MuscleHead
Sep 22, 2010
I love pull-ups (not chin-ups/supinated grip) and deadlifts, and bent-over rows for back. I really think these three are all that's needed to get a back where you want it. Change location of hand placement and keep going. Just don't have 'big lat' walk after b/c it makes ppl think you're a tool lol. Also stretch your back well afterwards. Nice post bro.

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
Threw 2 styles of pull-ups into my back routine yesterday and got a reality check. I can suck 250 down to my chest on a lat pull no prob....but pullin 225lbs up to a bar and squeezing it put some hurt on me. Thanx for the post DW.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic