f 64

6/19 steps

6/19 cardio
74 minutes recumbent bike

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
Watching that number drop on the scale is motivating as hell. I have recommitted myself to deficit so hoping I can start seeing some decreasing numbers myself.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Fuck sakes my coach gave me three sets of 20 Back Squats this cycle. I did not complete them in time, but I certainly felt them. My endurance has taken a hit since we've been focusing on hypertrophy (my Liliputian version of it anyway), so we're doing something different this time.

The Back Squats were after a superset of alternating EMOM Barbell RDL's and Double DB (Front Foot Elevated 4") Split Squats.

The Back Squats were superset'ed with Wheel Rollouts.
Sounds like a good way to get hurt. I look at RDLs as the most dangerous exercise I am going to do. Super setting them, especially with any form of squat, is completely out of the question. Granted I RDL with more weight for 12-15 reps than most guys will ever deadlift in their lifetime, but still, it is a very complex movement and if you are doing heavy it needs to be treated with respect.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
Sounds like a good way to get hurt. I look at RDLs as the most dangerous exercise I am going to do. Super setting them, especially with any form of squat, is completely out of the question. Granted I RDL with more weight for 12-15 reps than most guys will ever deadlift in their lifetime, but still, it is a very complex movement and if you are doing heavy it needs to be treated with respect.

Nothing I do is heavy... not even close. This wasn't but 125#. The Squat wasn't but 95# since it was x20. Lightweight... literally. I'm pretty fit, but strength has never been one of my traits. I don't know, man. I just do what's on the paper. They've done a far better job than my last gym. It wasn't until this place that it was figured out about my unequal press in my Bench causing my shoulder problems. They also figured out I was pressing out way too wide on my knees on my Back Squats, which was (somehow, I'm sure you understand it) dumping stress into my right, lower back. Also had an issue of unequal press with that, too.

But it all felt good. I'm very mindful of bracing properly so it all gets put into the posterior. Now when the core starts fatiguing, that's where problems will arise. But this cycle is more about endurance and conditioning, so lighter weights.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Please tell me how much weight you use.
Right before I started contest prep it was 507 lbs x 12. I backed it down to 455 lbs x 14 during contest prep and recently cut RDLs out completely. These are dead stop RDLs, all the way to the floor, pause and back up. FYI I was 217 lbs at the start of contest prep and 202 lbs now.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Nothing I do is heavy... not even close. This wasn't but 125#. The Squat wasn't but 95# since it was x20. Lightweight... literally. I'm pretty fit, but strength has never been one of my traits. I don't know, man. I just do what's on the paper. They've done a far better job than my last gym. It wasn't until this place that it was figured out about my unequal press in my Bench causing my shoulder problems. They also figured out I was pressing out way too wide on my knees on my Back Squats, which was (somehow, I'm sure you understand it) dumping stress into my right, lower back. Also had an issue of unequal press with that, too.

But it all felt good. I'm very mindful of bracing properly so it all gets put into the posterior. Now when the core starts fatiguing, that's where problems will arise. But this cycle is more about endurance and conditioning, so lighter weights.
I know you will, but just be careful brother. It sounds a lot like a crossfit workout and just about everyone gets hurt during crossfit, me included.

D

dashriprock

Aug 30, 2022
6/21___rfl a

squat 350x1
decline bench 300x9,7
rdl 320x6,6
chest supported row 360x6,6
pull-up 9
lat raise 35x15,15
cable curl 60x10,10

bodyweight 244

6/20 macros
p 144
c 397 every 4-day carb refeed
f 147

6/20 steps

6/20 cardio
91 minutes recumbent bike

D

dashriprock

Aug 30, 2022
Untitled-design-Whiteboard.jpg

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Your bodyweight jumped up 6 pounds. Just curious how that can happen when you're doing so much cardio? Do you do a re-feed with a ton of carbs. Or had you taken a massive dump before your prior weigh-in?

I try to take my weight at the exact time of day under the same circumstances. Even then, I'll get bounces in weight of a couple of pounds. But not 6. You must have had a massive movement of water or something.

Yano

Yano

VIP Member
Sep 18, 2022
Your bodyweight jumped up 6 pounds. Just curious how that can happen when you're doing so much cardio? Do you do a re-feed with a ton of carbs. Or had you taken a massive dump before your prior weigh-in?

I try to take my weight at the exact time of day under the same circumstances. Even then, I'll get bounces in weight of a couple of pounds. But not 6. You must have had a massive movement of water or something.
I used to shift water like that when I was playing ball. Lose 8 - 10 lbs in a game.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic