Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

PRP

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
Thanks to the members of this board I learned about PRP and at my Dr. appt. follow up on my hip replacement I asked my Doc about it and was very surprised that he instantly knew what I was talking about because i could not find a PRP doc within 500 mi of me. He told me they had there own PRP Doc with in there osteio practice. So I'm gonna see him on the 25th of this mo. for my shoulder. I have consistently injured my shoulder at the bicept tie in. I didn't even need a referral because ins. doesn't pay but i think $1000 is worth getting my shoulder fixed if possible.

jp2code

jp2code

Feb 10, 2018
You should skim over this article and get to the results.

The forum will not let me post it here (calling it SPAM???), so I'll give you a screenshot.

jama-article-185200.jpg

Sounds like a good way to spend lots of money, and you'd be just about as well off with a salt water (placebo) injection.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
You should skim over this article and get to the results.

The forum will not let me post it here (calling it SPAM???), so I'll give you a screenshot.

View attachment 9427

Sounds like a good way to spend lots of money, and you'd be just about as well off with a salt water (placebo) injection.

A saltwater injection is not placebo. It’s got a name too. They call it prolotherapy, and it was the predecessor to platelet rich plasma therapy and is still done. I’ve had PRP on both knees.

The idea is to create a bunch of new micro-injuries in an old troublesome area that the body has long since stopped trying to heal, in an attempt to restart the healing process for the whole area. The prp is a better choice to inject into the area while making the new injuries (by poking holes in sh1t with the tip of the needle that is simultaneously injecting plasma) because it’s a head start with all the best “healing” cells in high concentration.

Had I continued to go in and have the uncomfortable procedure done as prescribed, which I think was every 8 weeks for 5 treatments, then I believe I’d have seen better results. As it were, I moved, got divorced, etc, and never followed up after my first round of prp. Talked with enough of the patients to hear about some great results, so keep your positive mindset and go for it.

jp2code

jp2code

Feb 10, 2018
Sounds good. I don't really know, myself. I brought it up to a guy here in the office after reading your article, and he immediately starts doing research into it ...which is where I got the link from. He doubts everything on the Internet, and immediately suspected this was fake as well.

> Had I continued to go in and have the uncomfortable procedure done as prescribed

So, does that mean it's really painful? As in getting the injections is painful, or your joints were in pain after the injections?

I saw interest in this when I thought it might be a nice alternative to Glucosamine or Deca .

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Sounds good. I don't really know, myself. I brought it up to a guy here in the office after reading your article, and he immediately starts doing research into it ...which is where I got the link from. He doubts everything on the Internet, and immediately suspected this was fake as well.

> Had I continued to go in and have the uncomfortable procedure done as prescribed

So, does that mean it's really painful? As in getting the injections is painful, or your joints were in pain after the injections?

I saw interest in this when I thought it might be a nice alternative to Glucosamine or Deca .

This is an entirely different thing than glucosamine or deca, which are also two very different things. Glucosamine does next to nothing in most people. Deca doesn’t repair anything and is mostly a proprioception thing, feeling better because of extra “lube” so to speak. It may help prevent injuries, and it may make nagging nicks better while you’re on, but it doesn’t actually heal.

PRP is uncomfortable because they stick a decent gauged needle (I’d guess it was 19ga) and once that’s in, they just manipulate it around the injured area (for me it was my entire knee cavity and surround ligaments, etc) and they freaking poke a bunch a damn holes in your shite! It’s unnerving, slightly painful, and the worst is when they ram your bones and jolt your whole damn leg. If I hadn’t been in a VA hospital with a bunch of badass vets wheeling around without whining, I would’ve been squirming and bitching the whole time. Takes about 55min to take out your blood and spin it up, and then like 5 min to Swiss cheese yo shit, and then you’re sore as hell for 2-3 days.

But again, I talked to people in the lobby who were back for their Xth treatment and raved about playing tennis again and whatnot, so I would’ve gone back.

jp2code

jp2code

Feb 10, 2018
I'm a Marine Corps Vet, and there are lots of times I'd rather nobody ever know when the docs are coming at me with their needles.

I'd wondered that about Glucosamine. I even asked on a WebMD style website, but I got zero replies. What about Turmeric Curcumin? I've got some of that on order to try.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DBTFO98/

During my last cycle of Trenbolone, I got so strong that instead of just regular pull-ups, I was doing them with a 45-lb plate tied around my waste. Now, I feel like my elbows are going to break because there is no grease in the joints.

Deca is just going to be a temporary fix, too. Rats. Other than this or saline injections, is there anything to fix the joints (legal or non-FDA approved)?

fasttwitch

fasttwitch

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2011
Thanks to the members of this board I learned about PRP and at my Dr. appt. follow up on my hip replacement I asked my Doc about it and was very surprised that he instantly knew what I was talking about because i could not find a PRP doc within 500 mi of me. He told me they had there own PRP Doc with in there osteio practice. So I'm gonna see him on the 25th of this mo. for my shoulder. I have consistently injured my shoulder at the bicept tie in. I didn't even need a referral because ins. doesn't pay but i think $1000 is worth getting my shoulder fixed if possible.

Shit man.. we're all falling apart Searay. $1000 is a small price to pay though.

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
PRP is big stuff in my area. It's expensive, but athletes are all over it. I have a training partner that paid $4k for PRP into his scalp...and it re-grew hair. I paid $4 dollars for a baseball hat. There's two pro athletes at my gym and an IFBB male BB. All three do regular PRP. If guys with 7 figure incomes who depend on their bodies for a living are doing it...might be something there.

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
I saw the doc on the 25th and he did not seem sold on the prp treatment. we took ex-rays and other than a bone spur that wasn't bothering anything and arthritis in my bones, my shoulder looked ok. he wants to do an mri to check for tendon damage and damage the x-ray doesn't show and go from there. his theory seems to be to do the prp inj as the last alternative to nothing else traditional working. And he charges $700 per treatment so I mad sure he knew that I had no problem paying that if it came down to the only option to possibly fix it. I also met an older lady at the gym who had paid 20k for stem cell treatments and has gone form not even being able to ride a stationary bike on zero to riding the stepper for 20 minutes. she said the treatments have been well worth it as it is basically healing her entire body vs just a specific site. be nice when ins co realize inj treatments are less than getting surgery.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic