Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

PRP for chronic thumb tendon

STEAK HELMET

STEAK HELMET

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2010
Anyone here use PRP instead of surgery??

How did you heal?? 60% 80% 100%

I have an inflamed extensor tendon in both thumbs...it's like getting stabbed.

Warrior45

Warrior45

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 9, 2012
I have been contemplating getting it done in my shoulder and possibly knee. I'd like to hear from someone first hand that has been successfully treated first. There is an orthopedic doctor near me who does it for $400 per injection.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Have a friend who had it done to her elbows and knees. She said the pain was excruciating the day after but she's already noticing a difference and it's been 4 months. Her husband is a physician so he did the procedure which kept her cost to nothing. We're all keeping up with her b/c we want to hear if she continues to improve.

9fingerdoc

Jun 23, 2015
Anyone here use PRP instead of surgery??

How did you heal?? 60% 80% 100%

I have an inflamed extensor tendon in both thumbs...it's like getting stabbed.
Yes it works like near magic. I had it done on my shoulders about 3 years ago and when we had the chance to add it to my office for a treatment protocol I jumped at the opportunity (I am a chiropractor so I can't do it, but a nurse practitioner can). It works by stimulating the stem cells in the region to work "better" by decreasing inflammation and stimulating healing. I was back to 100% quickly

STEAK HELMET

STEAK HELMET

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2010
Mine is in both thumbs....

I see the surgeon Monday and will talk more about it then.

STEAK HELMET

STEAK HELMET

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2010
How many treatments?? How long from first injection until you felt healed??

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
what is PRP? I have major issues with what feels like tendonitis in my shoulders in the area where my upper bi ties into my delt.. thanks!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic