2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup sunflower seeds unsalted
1/2 cup wheatgerm
1/4 cup honey
1 tbl butter
1cup peanut butter
4 scoops protein powder (chocolate)

toast oats,sunflower seeds and wheat germ @350 for 15 min
melt butter add honey, peanut butter and protein powder in a sauce pan until mixed well (add water as needed)

mix all ingredients togeather and mix well

put in a 8x8 dish smooth out and bake for 25 mins @ 300. :D

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
I've made almost the same ones but didn't cook them just smooth them out into the glass container then put syran wrap over them at night in the morning cut them into bars and they come right out. Good recipe

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Nice recipe... Looks good. Sometimes I like to cut my steak into rectangles and pretend I'm eating a protein bar :p

NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
I skip the wheatgerm and sunflower seeds, add a lil water or milk dont really need the butter either, makes a super easy bar as halo said just put in a pan and toss in the fridge awhile. Sometimes I'll add cranberries or other dried fruit depends what I'm in the mood for.

M

Mr.604

Oct 27, 2011
Thanks for that tip. Protein bars gets pricey! lol :cool:

Mr.Mupfo

Mr.Mupfo

Nov 29, 2011
It averages out to be less than .50 a bar. Plus you know what in them.

LindaD

LindaD

Nov 21, 2011
Definitely going to try these. They sound 100 x healthier than the store bought protein bars anyway. I am one of those weird people who have issues with preservatives.

Mr.Mupfo

Mr.Mupfo

Nov 29, 2011
Guess I'm a weirdo to .. lol This recipe was the 2nd go around the 1st didnt turn out to good, but this one is not bad at all. Taste just like oatmeal cookies.... Feel free to tweak the recipe and let us know how it comes out... Like nutnut said You can add some dried fruit was going to do that but mrs didnt want to...:-L

Danewb

Danewb

Dec 20, 2011
this sounds awesome! Im going to try it for sure

F

FitnessFreek

Dec 11, 2011
I've made almost the same ones but didn't cook them just smooth them out into the glass container then put syran wrap over them at night in the morning cut them into bars and they come right out. Good recipe

Same here. I make yellow cake with chocolate frosting flavor. Cake batter ON 100% Whey and chocolate pudding plus all the other stuff...so good!

Mr.Mupfo

Mr.Mupfo

Nov 29, 2011
Little update ! we tried 8 scoops of protein powder made it way to dry wont do that again........ :mad:

atltrainer

atltrainer

Mar 15, 2012
I make these all the time and love them. They are a little difficult to mix so I always make 2 batches at a time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic