Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Protein Powder Hell - which do you choose.....

Billthebutcher

Billthebutcher

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2011
Well times sure have changed there as so many different protein powders now I can even pick one. I like a clean mix and zero or low carb so I am a Banana Isopure guy. What are you guys and gals? Muscle Milk doesn't count I said protein powders not dessert mixes lol.

A

afton

Sep 19, 2011
Been using Dorian Yates Nutrition Tempro. Mixture of 7 different types of proteins so good to take anytime. Flavours are great too. Flavours sure have changed over the years. I remember chugging down Weider powders back in the 90s. Took every ounce of strength not to throw up the vanilla...

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
ON 100% Whey Chocolate Malt is good money.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
For the money.....hard to beat trutein. It is a great blended pro and not a "Prop" blend. It is 40 whey, 40 casein, 20 albumin blend. Hard to argue there is a better tasting one out there either. Vanilla is very good....also some swear by cinnamon bun. It can be found for as low as $46 for 67 servings 23g. 1.5g fat 5 g carbs. Now they make (TNS) Iso-ology which is pure isolate...that only has 1 g of carbs.

I dont see a reason for isolates except post WO. Other then that, slower digesting proteins are an advantage and dont spike insulin.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Dymatize Elite Whey for me... Or whatever is cheap and contains mostly isolates. I won't stray from chocolate though. Too many disappointments

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Alot of the ion-exchanged isolates are worse nutritionally then the cold processed concentrates. Unless you are carb limited, the cold processed pro's have more micro-nutrients and many beneficial things that get stripped away in the ion-exchange process. Dont be fooled to think iso's are always the 'best'.

The 'best' iso's are cold processed, nano filtered....but again.....stripping EVERY but the protein away is not always the best thing from a nutritional standpoint. Lots of healthy things in whey besides the protein. Looking at the diet as a whole....unless you are wanting a very fast acting, post workout zero carb pro, that will spike insulin(or are lactose intolerant) ......blends and concentrates are better all around. Often cheaper too.

omni

omni

Jan 29, 2011
I've used a lot of brands of protein and never see enough of a difference between them to say one's better than the other.

ItalianMuscle

ItalianMuscle

Drama Queen senior Vip
Sep 1, 2010
I rarely use protein powders anymore. But when I diet, I usually mix Isopure cookies and cream zero carb with eggwhites, freeze em and make popsicles. For a little sweet treat.. I usually just drink eggwhites. Cant beat natures best protein..

Most protein powders are garbage anyways, and thats coming from a friend of mine who works for the FDA!

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Alot of the ion-exchanged isolates are worse nutritionally then the cold processed concentrates. Unless you are carb limited, the cold processed pro's have more micro-nutrients and many beneficial things that get stripped away in the ion-exchange process. Dont be fooled to think iso's are always the 'best'.

The 'best' iso's are cold processed, nano filtered....but again.....stripping EVERY but the protein away is not always the best thing from a nutritional standpoint. Lots of healthy things in whey besides the protein. Looking at the diet as a whole....unless you are wanting a very fast acting, post workout zero carb pro, that will spike insulin(or are lactose intolerant) ......blends and concentrates are better all around. Often cheaper too.

This is what bill was getting at in the OP.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Aint used protein powders in at least 3 months, dont buy it no more as i feel it is useless for me. BUT...if i do decide to try it again, im gonna check out True Protein.

Billthebutcher

Billthebutcher

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2011
Its just quick that is what I like. In a pinch. I am still looking for a new one to try. Again still confused about all the BS that goes along with these. I may just stick with the one I know I like.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Bill, check out Truenutrition.com, you can customize your own blend and add bcaa's, eaa's, glutamine and other stuff. You can order as many lbs as you want too. Take a look if you haven't already, pretty cool stuff.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic