pbtom
What's New?

Protein deals?

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
I haven't price checked but isn't truenutrition one of the cheapest places?
I'm not sure how it compares to others like Optimum, but their whey concentrate is $15/pound right now. Last summer it was $9/pound:( Their whey Iso is more, but i'd have to check it...like $18-20+ per pound.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
I have not been shopping for bulk protein in a while. I had/have quite the stash built up. I also have cut my whey usage in half past few years. For over a decade I took in 220-250g of protein a day.

After switching over to IF I just said fuk it and just with my lesser intake of foods in general I probably only get 150 many days. No real difference that I can tell.

I lived the bro science life for many years. Now in my 50's I am not as stressed over the small stuff. I still use whey in small amounts. Often at night with fiber if I did not get in as much meat during the day. Spiked with 5g leucine (research shows the extra leucine makes 20g have the same impact as a 50g dose of whey). I also as a course of habit intake about 50g in my post workout shake I always make. Something I just look forward to. Sometimes I think it is what gets my a$$ in the gym because I enjoy it after. Made with frozen strawberries, frozen bananas and apple juice mixed with whey, it is delicious.

Anyway....if I ever see any good deals I'll post them up! Hope all are well!

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I haven't price checked but isn't truenutrition one of the cheapest places?
Used to be, but not anymore. Like BMJ said, $15/lb for whey and $19.50-21.50/lb for iso. Now they are the very top of the price range compared to most companies. However, customization is nice. The problem is that if I want to add EAA/BCAA to match some of the other companies, now I am paying an additional $2/lb.

Honestly, if you all want the best discounts on supplements, sign up for company affiliate or ambassador programs. Most give 30% off or more to their team members and you can earn free supplements and get paid if you push supplements. If not, you still get the discount. I get most of my stuff for free. Hell, when I was with RedCon1, I got $500 a month in free supplements.

sityslicker1

sityslicker1

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 6, 2010
Used to be, but not anymore. Like BMJ said, $15/lb for whey and $19.50-21.50/lb for iso. Now they are the very top of the price range compared to most companies. However, customization is nice. The problem is that if I want to add EAA/BCAA to match some of the other companies, now I am paying an additional $2/lb.

Honestly, if you all want the best discounts on supplements, sign up for company affiliate or ambassador programs. Most give 30% off or more to their team members and you can earn free supplements and get paid if you push supplements. If not, you still get the discount. I get most of my stuff for free. Hell, when I was with RedCon1, I got $500 a month in free supplements.

Also if you dont live on the west coast, TN shipping can get expensive esp with bulk protein powders

Mainelymoshe

Mainelymoshe

Apr 12, 2023
I primarily use muscle milk. 5lb costs me around 45-50$. I get the big tub of Vanilla (32gm per 2 scoops) and Chocolate whey (25gm per scoop). Mon - Fri my breakfast consists of 2 scoops vanilla, 1 scoop force factor greens, 1 scoop force factor beets, 6oz berry flavored kefir, and 6oz V8 Ginger lemon beet juice all shaken up. Sometimes I’ll also add 1/2 cup of Oikos Pro. 50-60gm protein. Very nutrient dense and definitely not low calorie.
My mid morning snack is 1 scoop chocolate whey, 12oz unsweetened almond milk, and 1/2 cup Oikos Pro. Again, about 50gm protein.
Anyway, I digress. I certainly haven’t searched too far and wide but 5lbs seems to cost about 50$ regardless of brand or source. There are certainly more expensive brands but haven’t found too many cheaper options that don’t also taste cheap.

BD Cool

BD Cool

VIP Member
Dec 1, 2011
Wow great prices. Thanks for posting the link
I tried this company for the first time recently and everything went smooth. The whey isolate has a very fine sand-like finish... not powdery at all like many of the commonly used brands.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Yes on that company. I have used them quite a few times. My guess is they are just re-packaging Glanbia for the unflavored whey isolate. Identical color, texture, and mixability. Certs of analysis are the same. And only a few US companies producing it.

I normally ordered from ebay but I see they now have a site. Good stuff from them always.

myosin

myosin

VIP Member
May 27, 2011
Want to revive this really quick as I have to say, I am IMPRESSED how well this protein not only mixes but tastes...

https://bestbulkwheyprotein.com//

- Whey, isolate, yeah like anyone else's
- The tri blend (whey, casein, egg): This is the one that really impresses me, with those three thought for sure it'd be clumpy... mixes so well with just a spoon (I also really like the "mixing" of protein sources for absorption rates)
- Vanilla collagen: great price, very underrated product for skin and joint health (20 grams a day) and tastes good

Thanks for the recommendation!

Friggemall

Friggemall

VIP Member
Jun 16, 2020
I do remember back in the 90's and early 2000's when i'd use Designer Protein, I never had any issues either, and it was a mix of isolate and concentrate. I was using a lot of it back then too.

***Anybody else remember when Whey Iso was cheap as fukkk at like $4-5.00 per pound in the early 2000's?

I miss those days:(
When I first started buying protein when I was in the Air Force in 1979, we'd buy the old metal coffee can size containers of Weider protein for $10 and carry it to the mess hall and add it to the 4 glasses of milk :)

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic