Latest Member
Imsprod1
What's New?

Protein Cheesecake: 2:1 Ratio P/C

mscldrew

mscldrew

Sep 11, 2010
I like things that taste good.

I analyzed cheesecake recipes from America's Test Kitchen, Chantal, Joe Pastry and even Paula Deen to come up with this, and I've eaten one every night for the past 7 nights. My criteria for this recipe was that it must look good, taste good (even to my wife), be macro friendly towards my diet and eaten in one setting. Also, no water baths or leaving the cake in the oven for 5 hours. This recipe is just for a 6" NY-Style Cheesecake.

Macro's: 834 calories; 123g Protein, 63g Carbs, 10g Fat

12oz - Fat Free Philadelphia Cream Cheese
10oz - F age 0% Fat Free Greek Yogurt
2 whole eggs
3/4 Cup - Granulated Splenda
1/4 Cup - 1% Milk
1.25 Scoop - Trutein Vanilla Protein (42.5g)
1 tsp - Vanilla Extract
1/4 tsp - Kosher salt

Directions: All ingredients at room temperature.

1. Preheat Oven to 325 - Prepare 6" cake pan with non-stick spray and parchment paper in the bottom.
2. Cream Cheese in mixer - mix on medium until creamy - scrape sides of bowl down.
3. Add splenda - mix on medium until incorporated - scrape sides of bowl down.
4. Add eggs one at a time while on medium. Again...scrape.
5. Add the rest of the ingredients - mix on medium for 3 minutes.
6. Pour in pan - extra batter in mouth - yum.
7. Bake at 325 for 30 minutes. Turn oven to 200 for 50min - 1 hour. Remove and let cool on the counter. Wrap and refrigerate overnight.

The 6" pan is important, I've had friends try it with a retarded glass pie plate and it was an epic failure simply because the cooking times need to be adjusted for different pans and cake thicknesses. If you don't have a 6" pan, buy one, or you need to remove the cheesecake when it's 155 degrees in the center. I use this pan, http://www.amazon.com/Parrish-Magic-...pr_product_top

Adding flavors are pretty simple...want chocolate? Add in 3 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder and replace the milk with 1/4 cup brewed coffee (or milk will still work).

Changing macros is easy by either adding a crust of Graham Crackers, Oreos or animal crackers. If you add a crust, omit the parchment paper. Toppings are as creative as you want to get. Here's a couple of photos..

Straight up with Raspberry sauce
photo-6.jpg

Maple Protein Cheesecake with Candied Bacon Topping
photo-10.jpg

big bx

big bx

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2011
Will any protein work? Or does it have to be trutein?

Thought about lean dessert... from BSN

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic