Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

prostate

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
I've had a high PSA for several years. It has been in the 8-9 range for about 7 years. Back in February, I finally had a biopsy and it came back no cancer. I do have an enlarged prostate though and some days it's pretty rough. There's more reasons than cancer for a high PSA.

S

Snake

VIP Member
May 1, 2011
Absolutely! I had a high PSA and it turned out to be cause I was dehydrated from a headache medication I was recently prescribed.
It is quite a scare!
so glad you had a good biopsy!

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
. . . There's more reasons than cancer for a high PSA.

PrivateMD always warns ya gotta "fast" (no ejaculations) for 24 hrs if the labs you ordered included PSA ... that might be one reason. Tbh, they don't say if the lab results would come back fake-high or fake-low, however.

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
My Dr had told me yrs ago that most men who get prostate treatment end off worse than if they had just left it alone. I've also heard and read that biopsies are very dangerous with high incident of infection. I had 2 fake hips and hard wear in my shoulder and if that gets infected they have to be taken out and may not be able to be put back in. So, no dice on a biopsy.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Wife has a total knee replacement and has heard the same story about how it can get infected by just about any other, unrelated, medical procedure.

In her case, and in our area, this seems to be a widely accepted fact and is easily dealt with. Her routine 2 x year dental appointments are always preceded by a single dose of some antibiotic ... not the usual 1-2 week course of antibiotics doctors prescribe for many other things.

It was the surgeon who did her knees who originally told her this, but he is several years in the rear view mirror now ... currently her DDS just calls in the script to our drug store each time, no fuss, no argument.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
PrivateMD always warns ya gotta "fast" (no ejaculations) for 24 hrs if the labs you ordered included PSA ... that might be one reason. Tbh, they don't say if the lab results would come back fake-high or fake-low, however.
This is true. I just learned that a couple years ago.

parttimer

parttimer

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2011
For my trt I get both the prostate check and psa. I find if I'm running tren to close to my tests they come back irregular. I stop tren a few weeks before just to make sure the doc doesn't spaz.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
For my trt I get both the prostate check and psa. I find if I'm running tren to close to my tests they come back irregular. I stop tren a few weeks before just to make sure the doc doesn't spaz.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
Ya, the finger probe was at the end of using tren but the blood draw was after being off for about a month and my urine was clear so it's been 3 days since the draw so I should get results any day now. There coming by mail.

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
Finally got the results of the PSA blood test and it came back at 1.5. Can't get much better than that. Thank God, couldn't deal with another health issue. Thanks for all the input guys, much appreciated!!!!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic