Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Prostate biopsy

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Your doctor sounds pretty much open to the things you hope for in a doctor-patient relationship ... sounds like you may be in better hands than with the inflexible "Minor Deity" M.D's.

Thank YOU for sharing your thoughts. There might be more people more interested in all this than are willing to post ... looking forward to your next time. Your wife sounds like a Keeper, and there's more than one way to keep the cat.

S

SD1959

VIP Member
Mar 2, 2012
God bless you. Prostate cancer took my dad away. Cancer has done other damage throughout my family.
Hope I can get a smile from you:
I had a prostate biopsy a couple years ago. They said you might feel a little sting. Yes those were my eyeballs popping out of my head a few times! I wonder just what their idea of "a little sting" is.
Keep strong,
Sd

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Whats good TID. Its been awhile since I've shared anything on the the Den. I would like to hear input/feedback . Has anyone ever had their prostate removed? Reason I ask this is because I just had a prostate biopsy done and they found cancer. Stage 1 Andenocarcinoma . Dr. says i have 3 options. Wait to see if it grows, Radiation or remove the prostate. Man, I've read some side effects that come from a prostatectomy. Some scary shit! I have to make a decision. And so I came here to see what other men have to say . Thank u in advance. May everyone have a blessed 2022.

Taino

Wow man, so terrible to hear this. I hope you come to a good decision of what to do and that it works well for you. Wishing you the best in this battle brother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TainoWarrior

TainoWarrior

VIP Member
Nov 14, 2010
Hello everyone, I hope everyone is maintaining. Well heres the mp Mri results. I have no clue what any of this stuff means . Im waiting on the doctor to call me . I copied and pasted the results to share them so that maybe someone can break down what does it all mean. I could of just sat back and waited for the call from the doctor so he could explain it to me. But I did say I was gonna get back with you all once I got the MRI done.

Study Result​

Impression​

IMPRESSION
Exam is assessed as PI-RADS 2; the known cancer is not identified. No extraprostatic disease identified.

Estimated prostate volume of 29 mL.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PI-RADS LEXICON:

PI-RADS 1 - Very low (clinically significant cancer is highly unlikely to be present).
PI-RADS 2 - Low (clinically significant cancer is unlikely to be present).
PI-RADS 3 - Intermediate (the presence of clinically significant cancer is equivocal).
PI-RADS 4 - High (clinically significant cancer is likely to be present).
PI-RADS 5 - Very high (clinically significant cancer is highly likely to be present).

I have personally reviewed this examination and agree with the
resident/fellow physician's interpretation.

Narrative​

EXAM
MRI PELVIS W WO CONTRAST-1/25/2022 8:07 pm

HISTORY
prostate cancer staging

PSA from 11/30/2021 measured 11.10.
1/12 cores positive for adenocarcinoma, Gleason score 6 in the left lateral base.

COMPARISON
POINT OF CARE US - TRUS dated 12/17/2021

TECHNIQUE
Multiplanar, multisequential MR imaging of the pelvis was performed without and with intravenous contrast per prostate protocol.

FINDINGS
PROSTATE:
- Peripheral zone: No focal diffusion signal abnormality.
- Transition zone: Minimal heterogeneous T2 signal in the transition zone consistent with stromal and glandular hyperplasia.
- Extraprostatic extension: No findings concerning for extraprostatic extension.
- Prostate measures 4.9 x 3.8 x 4.0 cm (TV x AP x CC), with estimated volume of 29 mL. Variable T1 signal in keeping with post biopsy hemorrhage.

SEMINAL VESICLES: Symmetric signal, within normal limits.

ADJACENT ORGANS: Within normal limits.

LYMPH NODES: No pathologically enlarged or morphologically worrisome lymph nodes.

BONES/SOFT TISSUE: Degenerative changes of the hip joints. Bilateral fat filled expansion of the inguinal canals.

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
Hello everyone, I hope everyone is maintaining. Well heres the mp Mri results. I have no clue what any of this stuff means . Im waiting on the doctor to call me . I copied and pasted the results to share them so that maybe someone can break down what does it all mean. I could of just sat back and waited for the call from the doctor so he could explain it to me. But I did say I was gonna get back with you all once I got the MRI done.

Study Result​

Impression​

IMPRESSION
Exam is assessed as PI-RADS 2; the known cancer is not identified. No extraprostatic disease identified.

Estimated prostate volume of 29 mL.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PI-RADS LEXICON:

PI-RADS 1 - Very low (clinically significant cancer is highly unlikely to be present).
PI-RADS 2 - Low (clinically significant cancer is unlikely to be present).
PI-RADS 3 - Intermediate (the presence of clinically significant cancer is equivocal).
PI-RADS 4 - High (clinically significant cancer is likely to be present).
PI-RADS 5 - Very high (clinically significant cancer is highly likely to be present).

I have personally reviewed this examination and agree with the
resident/fellow physician's interpretation.

Narrative​

EXAM
MRI PELVIS W WO CONTRAST-1/25/2022 8:07 pm

HISTORY
prostate cancer staging

PSA from 11/30/2021 measured 11.10.
1/12 cores positive for adenocarcinoma, Gleason score 6 in the left lateral base.

COMPARISON
POINT OF CARE US - TRUS dated 12/17/2021

TECHNIQUE
Multiplanar, multisequential MR imaging of the pelvis was performed without and with intravenous contrast per prostate protocol.

FINDINGS
PROSTATE:
- Peripheral zone: No focal diffusion signal abnormality.
- Transition zone: Minimal heterogeneous T2 signal in the transition zone consistent with stromal and glandular hyperplasia.
- Extraprostatic extension: No findings concerning for extraprostatic extension.
- Prostate measures 4.9 x 3.8 x 4.0 cm (TV x AP x CC), with estimated volume of 29 mL. Variable T1 signal in keeping with post biopsy hemorrhage.

SEMINAL VESICLES: Symmetric signal, within normal limits.

ADJACENT ORGANS: Within normal limits.

LYMPH NODES: No pathologically enlarged or morphologically worrisome lymph nodes.

BONES/SOFT TISSUE: Degenerative changes of the hip joints. Bilateral fat filled expansion of the inguinal canals.
Sent this to my urologist for an opinion, may take him a couple days. If it were me, I'd do nothing and see where the PSA goes in 6 mo. There's nothing here that is screaming treatment, prostate removal, radiation or ADT all of which would have a major impact on QOL. But I'm not expert and could be way off. See what they say.

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
Sent this to my urologist for an opinion, may take him a couple days. If it were me, I'd do nothing and see where the PSA goes in 6 mo. There's nothing here that is screaming treatment, prostate removal, radiation or ADT all of which would have a major impact on QOL. But I'm not expert and could be way off. See what they say.
Here is his response. "The MRI report (surprised no contrast was employed) is very reassuring for me. The interpretation is straightforward with no real equivocation. My earlier concern regarding the elevated PSA is still present but only one focus of Gleason 6 out of 12 cores is still good news . Probable micro focus of ca. Prostate ca is generally multi focal so the MRI findings are encouraging. (P-rads 2). I would like for his urologist to have sent the specimen for genetic testing (Oncotype or Polaris) but that can be done later should the PSA go higher and the work up repeated. At this point active surveillance is what I would do for me and your friend. "

TainoWarrior

TainoWarrior

VIP Member
Nov 14, 2010
Thank you for all you've done bro! Also I want to let everyone here know that I truly appreciate all the feedback and brotherhood you've all shown me during this crazy ass phase in my life. Ok so now to wait to see what my Dr. suggests . I will be right back. Then go from there. Im thinking of Active Surveillance. I mean it sucks ass to have to go through another biopsy down the road because I didnt do well with the first one. Regardless of what anyone says that shit hurts like a mofo ! Maybe others that have had the procedure have a different pain tolerance. I for one screamed out like lil Bi**h :eek: Alright everyone ttys. Stay safe and GOD bless you all .

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
First thing career-minded, upwardly mobile kids learn in the 1st year of Med School is the phrase
"You may feel a little discomfort here."

Various other bullshit follows in the next 3 years and during their Residencies.

You're not a lil bitch ... you're human. Be interesting to see some of those fuckers in a role-reversal situation.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Thank you for all you've done bro! Also I want to let everyone here know that I truly appreciate all the feedback and brotherhood you've all shown me during this crazy ass phase in my life. Ok so now to wait to see what my Dr. suggests . I will be right back. Then go from there. Im thinking of Active Surveillance. I mean it sucks ass to have to go through another biopsy down the road because I didnt do well with the first one. Regardless of what anyone says that shit hurts like a mofo ! Maybe others that have had the procedure have a different pain tolerance. I for one screamed out like lil Bi**h :eek: Alright everyone ttys. Stay safe and GOD bless you all .
I feel you pain on the biopsy. Been there and done that. Afterwards the doc said I might have a trickle of blood then left the room for me to get dressed. I stood up and blood started pouring down my legs. I hope I never get another one.

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
When they are on the receiving end of that biopsy needle, it is a different story. I remember when my urologist had a PSA scare, it was like the world was ending. Dreading a biopsy, radiation fucking up his bowels, prostatectomy and no orgasm or erection, his wife would leave him for a younger guy, etc, Yet when he orders them he'll say its no big deal. Right. I always tell the younger docs, your time is coming. If you think you won't go through the same shit down the road your patients are going through now, you're living in Facebook world. Brace yourself motherfuckers, Mr Pain is waiting.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic