Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Prostate biopsy

TainoWarrior

TainoWarrior

VIP Member
Nov 14, 2010
Bro I had Prostate cancer 11 years ago and opted for the surgery.

There's so much information that I can offer but really don't wanna make a huge post jumping in the topic a couple weeks late. Based on what you've learned in the past 2 weeks from your medical staff what questions do you have?

I'd be happy to post or you can pm me.
Thank you Midevil , I will take you up on that offer. I will ask away via pm. Thank you !

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
I second the seeds.

Check your E levels, old thought was DHT but E SEEMS to be more of the culprit.
Shit, I've been wary of Mast for years to avoid getting a prostrate Prostate, and NOW you tell me.
I have way too many old thoughts .....

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Castrated men don’t get prostate cancer. A lot has to do with Lifestyle factors and hormones

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Castrated men don’t get prostate cancer. A lot has to do with Lifestyle factors and hormones
FINALLY ... an attractive alternative!

Srs, Jack, where did you get this? I know that doctor-prescribed chemical castration used to be the way to go, and Judge-prescribed for sexual offenders was also, but is there also evidence for castrated men?

(NOT considering this, btw, but my interest in my happyparts has increased as their age has also increased)

myosin

myosin

VIP Member
May 27, 2011
Sadly the castration may not be due to the DHT, but again the E... T converts to DHT and E right, so the thought was castration might help (they did it to Bill Bixby, sad).

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
Shit, I've been wary of Mast for years to avoid getting a prostrate Prostate, and NOW you tell me.
I have way too many old thoughts .....
The ratio of T:E2 is probably more important. High E2 and low T, what we see in older guys is the perfect setup for E2 mediated PCa. As far as Mast goes, it would likely reduce the level of DHT in the prostate because it is circulating and not locally produced via 5AR, it might be of benefit. If we boost blood levels of DHT by 7x in guys giving them proviron, there is no increase in intraprostatic DHT, that tells you the circulating component is far less important than what is produced locally. Adding in Mast also ties up, in theory, both 5AR and aromatase, so there is less available to convert T to both DHT and E2. Another reason Mast is sometimes viewed as an AI, not really an AI per se, just occupies some of the aromatase and also tips the androgen to estrogen ration in favor or androgens. In the end, no one really knows exactly what causes PCa and it is likely very complicated and individualized. Best way to avoid it is to be mindful of it, watch PSA and act accordingly.

TainoWarrior

TainoWarrior

VIP Member
Nov 14, 2010
Update. Sitting here in the waiting room for my next appointment with the Urologist. This is where he tells me all about the surgery. What side effects i will have if I decide to have my prostate removed. Wanted to drop by and let those fellas know whats going on. I will stop back after the visit. Thanks everyone. Peace out.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Update. Sitting here in the waiting room for my next appointment with the Urologist. This is where he tells me all about the surgery. What side effects i will have if I decide to have my prostate removed. Wanted to drop by and let those fellas know whats going on. I will stop back after the visit. Thanks everyone. Peace out.
I hope you get some options that will work for your lifestyle. Health problems are a part of getting older, but we all like to fight the process and not concede until we have to. Prayers for your health!

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
Interesting read. https://www.medpagetoday.com/special-reports/apatientsjourney/96753?

I'm really starting to wonder if there is a inverted U shape curve relative to testosterone and AAS and prostate cancer. That being if you're low to normal, you have increased risk. The sweet spot for the development and growth of PCa, esp in the presence of high E2, but at the extremes PCa risk is greatly reduced? Eunuchs are at very low risk and you almost never hear of older BBs dying or PCa or even papers citing it as one of the target organs for AAS abuse. What if we have it all wrong, maybe keeping T in the border line supraphysiologic range reduces risk and/or certain AAS also reduce the risk because they don't aromatize or 5AR, thus reducing the localized production of either E2 and/or DHT.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Interesting ... and scary ... read in that link. Almost makes me wonder if doctors who've been practicing one approach to their specialties for years become reluctant to embrace new advances ... and to even mention them to their patients.

TainoWarrior

TainoWarrior

VIP Member
Nov 14, 2010
Update, OK so basically the Urologist told me about the side effects of having my prostate removed. He is suggesting I go on Active Surveillance. Wife and I told him that before we decide I need to have an MRI done and he says , Of course. Ok so now I wait until after the MRI . And see what that brings out. Im hoping that they say I have a very small amount where I dont have to make a decision now. I aint gonna lie fellas , this decision making process is kicking my ass. Plain and simple. I cant imagine having sex with wifey and not having any seminal fluid during sex. And thats even if I get an erection. Thats gotta be weird. Dr says I will have ED for up to a year! If I get the prostate removed. He says it varies per person though. And with Radiation I will have ED also. Damned if I do and damned if I dont. Well my MRI is on the 25th of this month . I will hit you all back with the latest. thank you all for sharing your thoughts ! Take care fam. Stay safe out there!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic