Members
Latest Member
Ethan7400
What's New?

Proper Protein Powder for Diabetic

C

crxin

Mar 21, 2012
Does anyone know of any protein powders that are safe for diabetics? I have been looking around a little and finding some information, but wanted to see if anyone has real life experience with this. My friend is diabetic and looking to supplement with some protein shakes.

I saw the Syntrax makes a protien line called "Nectar" and they advertise no sugar, no carbs, low calorie. I emailed them and asked and they said that many diabetics use that protein but to be safe ask your doctor....which is the normal disclaimer....

Thoughts?

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
As long as stuff like Splenda or artificial sweeteners Re not a problem I would suggest:

Isovance (wee.shreddednutrition.com) cinnamon swirl is good

Or Species Isolyze vanilla peanut butter

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
U will need to try different products until u find the one that works. Just because the label states no sugar does not mean there is no sugar in it. Companies lie.....

Warrior45

Warrior45

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 9, 2012
Nature's Best Isopure powder has no carbs.....not sure on the taste, never tried it.

wesleyinman

wesleyinman

MuscleHead
Jan 9, 2014
I sell a product called "Pepto Pro" by DSM. This is probably one of the best proteins available to a bodybuilder, bc truth be told, these are fully hydrolized pre-digested proteins. These are used medically to treat various illness, diseases and heal injuries faster.

Nothing better to my knowledge then Fully Hydrolized Whey, Casein and Collagen products.

Have him speak to his doctor about these. Mind you they are very $$$$. They are more effective, absorb faster and superior to whole food proteins.

http://stores.gymntonic.com/pepto-p...grade-protein-superior-to-whole-food-protein/

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic