Warm up:
Treadmill 15 min, 2.5mph, 7.5 incline
Walking lunges across the gym with 25lb dumbbells, 2x

Squats
10 x 1 and 15 x 1at 225
5 at 275 - PR
1 at 300 - big ass PR!!

more walking lunges...

Had a meeting so my time got cut short and so I didn't deadlift but damn, did that feel good! I was a bit surprised I made the 300 since I wasn't feeling good earlier in the week and my energy was way down. Watching the video, I need to really be careful of my setup when tired because it definitely wasn't great on my 300 and I need to make sure it's the same everytime. All in all it was a great day though.

Enasni

Enasni

TID Lady Member
Feb 10, 2014
Woohoo!! Great PR raikay!!
My hands also seem to be the limiting factor for deads. It's shit having lil girl hands.

R

raikay

Apr 6, 2014
Yeah, little girl hands suck for deads. I'm currently trying to decide whether hook our mixed grip will work better for me, gotta build up those calluses more for hook though!

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
If you have short fingers you probably want to avoid hook grip

R

raikay

Apr 6, 2014
We'll, that might explain why hook grip has never gotten easier or more comfortable. Now to find the magic workout to make my hands bigger... ;)

R

raikay

Apr 6, 2014
This last week had been so busy and hectic I keep forgetting to log, Tuesday was more squats and benches, Thursday hit back and Saturday was leg day again with lots of variations on leg extensions supersetted with walking lunges until my legs couldn't do any more and followed up with RDL's. Today will be farmers walks at lunch and some cardio after work.

Lots of rest this weekend because I feel like I might be coming down with something. I keep sneezing and my legs have that odd ache like when my fibromyalgia used to be bad. I'm hoping it's just from all the work that they're getting and not from either getting sick or the fibro deciding to act up. It's been almost 2 years since I had a flare up and before my meet would not be a good time to pop back up.

Enasni

Enasni

TID Lady Member
Feb 10, 2014
Hope you feel better soon. Keep logging!!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 2 members watching this topic