Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Progestagenic Affects of Various Anabolic Steroids

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Progesterone is a very important hormone in the female body. As such, we do not want it in our male bodies. Progesterone is essentially the "hormone of pregnancy" and is the primary hormone responsible for cessation of menses when a woman becomes pregnant. It is also very responsible for weight gain, face bloat, body bloat, and breast enlargement in a pregnant woman. What does this have anything to do with your juicing routines? Too much progesterone can cause you to lose your sex drive, feel sluggish, depressed, and is a primary regulator in the steroid side effect we all know as "bitch tits". If you thought it was estrogen's sole fault, you are misinformed my dear friend. A bloated face and body is not one of the most coveted effects of anabolic steroid use. It is uncomfortable as we all know and is not all that pleasing to look at.

Drugs with progestagenic affects include anadrol, trenbolone (parabolan, but no longer called that because Negma has long since made those beautiful original amps from France), and the common deca durabolin (actually just call it nandrolone, the chemical name, the above term signifies the ester). Anadrol as we know causes a good deal of water bloat and puffiness. It also accounts for some of the tremendous gains that can be made on the drug. Trenbolone is a completely different animal. Tren is a good dieting drug which can also be used for bulking due to its potency, effectiveness, and lack of aromatization. However, tren has a strong progestagenic affect. Try taking it all by itself and watch how fast you turn into an A-sexual (don't do this). Trenbolone is very close in chemical structure to progesterone and exerts many of its affects. The only thing it doesn't do is hold water. It rapidly shuts down your own testosterone and also kills your sex drive by affecting various hormonal receptors in the brain which regulate a normal sex drive. Deca we really don't even need to mention, but we will anyway. Anyone who has taken more than 400mg a week of the stuff by itself has experienced the loss of libido that comes along with it. If you didn't either you were not on it long enough, or you are a freak that won't lose libido no matter what (in which case, I'm jealous). For the rest of us, we need to combine at least a small dose of a heavy androgen with deca to circumvent this problem.

If deca doesn't aromatize much (most literature says about a fourth as much as testosterone), and is not known to be androgenic,then, how come it kills sex drive so much. There shouldn't be much negative feedback shutting off your own test right? Well, unfortunately its not that simple. The only remaining explanation is the progestagenic affect of deca. It can be very strong in some individuals. After all, we don't need much extra of a hormone that can normally be found in picograms in our body. Another interesting fact, progesterone is given to male sex offenders with a very high success rate of killing their sexual appetite.

Progesterone is what is called a c-21 progestin. This just means that it has 21 carbons in its chemical steroidal backbone. Nandrolone is named a c-19 derivative, a derivative of progesterone. This means that the chemical backbone of nandrolone (deca) is very similar to progesterone, minus carbon 20 and 21. All androgens have 19 carbons in their backbone, it is part of what defines an androgen. However, deca is more similar in structure to progesterone than most other drugs.

We know clinically that progesterone kills male sex drive. We also know that deca used alone causes deca…noodle. You know the term. Harry, Dick and Larry. The middle guy has things in common with deca. It is also fair to say that deca is a progesterone derivative. So, the bottom line is that deca can have affects on your libido which are not desired unless you want to become a priest (nothing wrong with that, I am actually a Christian). So anyways, be careful with deca. Great for the joints, your body feels good, helps alleviate some minor injuries and pain, but not good for the sex drive in most juicers. You can circumvent this problem by using a small amount of d-bol. The medical insert for the old Ciba label (the original American made d-bol) states that two d-bol a day (10mg fellas, we’re not talking two IP 50mg’ers-we’ll get to that too) replace “normal” androgens in the male. You may have to experiment to find out what works for you but a small amount of androgen should do the trick. You could also take low dose of a long acting testosterone such as sustanon, enanthate or cypionate. For medical replacement in ant-aging in many countries, doctors use 200mg every ten to fourteen days. Once a week should suffice for our purposes of keeping sex drive up and getting the most positive effects from your nandrolone.

trentracks

trentracks

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 23, 2011
My years of continued tren use,dont coincide with that article what so ever

Big Cat

Big Cat

RIP
Dec 11, 2011
Science doesn't coincide with it either. Progestins in no way produce feminizing effects in the absence of estrogen, meaning common estrogen combatting methods will stop such side effects, whether there are progestins present or not (for references, see my article on Gyno in AAS users). Secondly, the information on products is just a wild grasp of various products that people failed to understand in the past. Anadrol was actually explicitly shown to have no progestagenic effect at all, deca has next to none. In fact for deca we already demonstrated some tome ago it was 60% as estrogenic as estradiol, despite its lesser tendency to convert to estradiol, and eventhough it does bind the ER a decent degree, that too does not explain its strong estrogenic effects (tests done with ER and aromatase blockers confirm this) Instead it was studies on the labile Nor-alpha-diol product estren that finally demonstrated that nandrolone has the capability to cause the ARA-dimers to bind and transcribe estrogen response elements in the DNA. Meaning in fact that nandrolone is estrogenic through the AR.

Some androgens have some degree of binding to the progesterone receptor (Ojasoo and Raynaud) but for many of them evidence seems to demonstrate they have a largely antiPR effect instead of an activating effect, this is largely due to, as you so aptly stated, progestins needing their C21 configuration to fully activate the PR.

S

Snake

VIP Member
May 1, 2011
I don't agree with these generalizations, either. I don't know the science of the various compounds very well, but I do know that few generalizations hold true in supplementation. My body can respond totally different to a given compound than my friends do. Best we can do is discuss our own results and experiences.

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
No kidding we all have different habits and lifestyle which is why diet and training are such a big deal that many forget . People always blame or give credit to compounds or labs when it's really just stupidity and ignorance . Yes you get results from gear but when diet and training is on spot your results are. Spending hard earned cash , blood sweat etc you want the utmost return not half asses results

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic