Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Probably A Dumb Question...

Allrippedup

Allrippedup

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2012
I have one arm that is slightly bigger than the other. How do I get the lagging arm to catch up?
Is it even possible?

Last edited:
OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
Could just be how you are built, if thats the case sorry, your shit out of luck.....or you can add extra reps to your sets, to that arm.

JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012
You're doing pretty damned good already if that's you in your avatar - most of us would kill to have two arms that big!

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
You're doing pretty damned good already if that's you in your avatar - most of us would kill to have two arms that big!
The guy in that pic wouldn't ask that question. OP... Post your workout so we can help you make the necessary changes. For starters you need to do mostly dumbbell work on arms.

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AsymmetryAsymmetry is not unusual and very hard to correct. Look at Dorian Yates although one huge MF'er what made his so great was is was very symmetrical or balanced. Muscle Belly imbalance change the size and shape so you will always have one side looking slightly different. Not a whole lot you can do unless the imbalance came from non-use from something such as an accident. Working one side more has not been proven to make that side grow more and in fact could cause over training and muscle loss (making this statement based on the person already giving 100%, adding more work is not going to make it grow more.

V

Vick

MuscleHead
Jun 13, 2012
Let me guess, the left arm? Does it have more of a peak? If you are right handed the right bicep tends to be thicker and flatter, so you need to do more peak training like concentration curls for the flatter arm.

Allrippedup

Allrippedup

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2012
Asymmetry is not unusual and very hard to correct. Look at Dorian Yates although one huge MF'er what made his so great was is was very symmetrical or balanced. Muscle Belly imbalance change the size and shape so you will always have one side looking slightly different. Not a whole lot you can do unless the imbalance came from non-use from something such as an accident. Working one side more has not been proven to make that side grow more and in fact could cause over training and muscle loss (making this statement based on the person already giving 100%, adding more work is not going to make it grow more.

Makes sense. Here's a pic (if it uploads). My right arm is bigger, tighter in all of my shirts. Probably genetics so I'll just keep working to keep both growing!
file:/Desktop/Front%20Double%20Bi.jpg.webloc

file:///Users/Desktop/Front%20Double%20Bi.jpg

Last edited:
monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
You can do what I did, my right arm was always stronger until I was in a wreck in 2009 and hurt my neck, impinging nerves on my right. Now my left is stronger.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic