Latest Member
Ethan7400
What's New?

Pro Biotic, Do You Take Them ?

DF

DF

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2012
I took a course of antibiotics over the winter/spring for a bad respiratory infection. While my infection cleared up, the antibiotics wrecked my ability to take a normal dump. I couldn't even pass gas without the fear of shitting my self.... no joke. I finally ended up getting on probiotics along with Aloe vera juice, psyllium and apple cider vinegar. It took about 2 weeks for things to get normal. I'd recommend probiotics especially after a course of antibiotics.

texas boy

texas boy

May 28, 2014
I took a course of antibiotics over the winter/spring for a bad respiratory infection. While my infection cleared up, the antibiotics wrecked my ability to take a normal dump. I couldn't even pass gas without the fear of shitting my self.... no joke. I finally ended up getting on probiotics along with Aloe vera juice, psyllium and apple cider vinegar. It took about 2 weeks for things to get normal. I'd recommend probiotics especially after a course of antibiotics.

How was the aloe Vera juice? Sounds beneficial.

B

Brianlyndon

Jan 12, 2014
Take total Greek yoghurt contains 5 strains of probiotics ,it is true your gut does contain many receptors sites,with serotonin having more receptor sites than the brain with massive implications for anti depression meds...don't even mention opiates and their ability to cause digestive problems

E

Eatcleanathlete

MuscleHead
Mar 4, 2014
Yep I eat greek yogurt almost every day

I

imuscle

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2013
Yes I take them as well as digestive enzymes. The ones I take need to be refrigerated. You can also get them as mentioned by others in the thread - Greek yogurt, Kefir ( Drinkable yogurt style drink you'll see it in the yogurt section ) kombucha, Miso soup, Sauerkraut and more.

Not only for daily health its really important to take them after taking antibiotics. ( Because antibiotics kill everything the good and bad bacteria ) Now some doctors are even prescribing them after you take the antibiotics to get your gut back up to speed.

Last edited:
kjetil1234

kjetil1234

Jul 6, 2014
I use he probiotics that mercola.com sell. Really helped my stomach. Haven't been sick since either.

Blacken

Blacken

Sep 6, 2013
I notice they help a ton after the stomach flu or the runs. I think 2 or 3 greek yogurts work better when I'm healthy however which doesn't make much sense to me just what I've noticed for myself.

B

Brianlyndon

Jan 12, 2014
Sauerkraut is rated very highly by nutritionists for gut health and I have found the Greek yoghurt works out cheap compared to the probiotic drinks

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Sauerkraut is rated very highly by nutritionists for gut health and I have found the Greek yoghurt works out cheap compared to the probiotic drinks
I agree, sauerkraut is fantastic stuff. Always best IMO to get the majority of your probiotics through foods ~ raw foods are going to be your biggest provider of them such as salads, organic fruits & vegetables etc.

Be aware of the sugar content you are taking in when you are using yoghurt, probiotic drinks etc. This is why I always prefer a good high quality capsule, they would always have a lot stronger CFU potency.

J

JTR12

Dec 6, 2014
Just plain/unflavored Greek yogurt with minimal sugar is best. You can stir in some natural sweetener, dark chocolate, etc.

F

Feistychica305

TID Lady Member
Sep 12, 2015
Yes I take them daily. They improve digestion and honestly can't hurt. Good luck!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic