Latest Member
Ethan7400
What's New?

Private blood work

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
Are there any other providers like direct labs out there ?
And do they use lab Corp? Direct labs uses quest and looking for one private blood work source that uses lab corp.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
I heard Stan efferding mention marek health on a podcast, not sure who they use

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Not sure why you would be so labcorp-centric, but whadda I know?

What little I do know is I have always used privatemdlabs.com,
they used to link with labcorp only but began linking identical blood tests with labcorp OR quest somewhere during these recent "covid years" (i.e. 2020-current)

What specific I do know is identical blood work through PMD is usually far cheaper if you select Quest, and ...
I tested in November and again just recently and got my damn results both times in 1-2 days.

* my long history with PMD thought it remembered 5 States they could not legally do business in, but a minutes-old search suggests it is now down to just 3 ........... NY, NJ, RI.

Last edited:
M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
Not sure why you would be so labcorp-centric, but whadda I know?

What little I do know is I have always used privatemdlabs.com,
they used to link with labcorp only but began linking identical blood tests with labcorp OR quest somewhere during these recent "covid years" (i.e. 2020-current)

What specific I do know is identical blood work through PMD is usually far cheaper if you select Quest, and ...
I tested in November and just recently and got my damn results both time in 1-2 days.

* my long history with PMD thought it remembered 5 States they could not legally do business in, but a minutes-old search suggests it is now down to just 3 ........... NY, NJ, RI.
There are like a lab Corp every 5 miles from me quest is subsequently longer...so thanks for the link I will use them.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
Marek Health is the More Plates More Dates guy biz.
They use 3rd party (i.e. Labcorp, Quest) services for lab results but have some good deals.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
There are like a lab Corp every 5 miles from me quest is subsequently longer...so thanks for the link I will use them.
My self-perceived "well informed" :rolleyes: self hadn't considered locations vs. convenience AND pricing, but yeah, it's worth a further look on the pricing on PMD's site vs, of course, where you are vs where either of the 2 Labs are.

Where I am in Suburbia, nothing's real big, but nothing's too far away either.

When I go to the website for my closest Quest outlet, I can make myself an appointment for the blood draw. The trouble is, (their) appointment slots only begin about 11am, which is a nuisance if you've been fasting since the night before. THEY, however, open at 8am, I do a "walk in" right at 8, and I have always been in and done in 30 minutes, max. NO guarantees for the closest Quest for you, but it's worth considering.

I haven't used a Labcorp in a few yrs because of the price differences AND how user-flexible my area is, but my strategy of working early "walk in" vs. later fasted appointment openings MIGHT work for them in your area too ... that lil' detail, I dunno.

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
I and a number of my clients use https://www.walkinlab.com/ and LabCorp. I rarely do fasting primarily because I'm never really in a truly fasted state even over night. Unless I'm looking at glucose or insulin, I just pick a time about 3 hrs after eating and keep it consistent.

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
My self-perceived "well informed" :rolleyes: self hadn't considered locations vs. convenience AND pricing, but yeah, it's worth a further look on the pricing on PMD's site vs, of course, where you are vs where either of the 2 Labs are.

Where I am in Suburbia, nothing's real big, but nothing's too far away either.

When I go to the website for my closest Quest outlet, I can make myself an appointment for the blood draw. The trouble is, (their) appointment slots only begin about 11am, which is a nuisance if you've been fasting since the night before. THEY, however, open at 8am, I do a "walk in" right at 8, and I have always been in and done in 30 minutes, max. NO guarantees for the closest Quest for you, but it's worth considering.

I haven't used a Labcorp in a few yrs because of the price differences AND how user-flexible my area is, but my strategy of working early "walk in" vs. later fasted appointment openings MIGHT work for them in your area too ... that lil' detail, I dunno.
Yes I now see the price difference...wow...maybe worth the drive to save some money...thanks for the post..

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic