pbtom
What's New?

Primo and menstrual cycle

R

Raz

TID Lady Member
Jul 30, 2017
Hi Gals

I was on a primo cycle 50 mg every 4 days with winny 5mg for 8 weeks , my menstrual cycle has stopped for the passed two months , i have read that is expected , has anyone had this and how long did it take for the menstrual cycle to return
Also how long after coming off the anabolics does it continue to work in your system - in terms of muscle building

any help wil be appreciated

Thanks !!!!

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Was it Primo Acetate or Enanthnate?

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Hi Gals

I was on a primo cycle 50 mg every 4 days with winny 5mg for 8 weeks , my menstrual cycle has stopped for the passed two months , i have read that is expected , has anyone had this and how long did it take for the menstrual cycle to return
Also how long after coming off the anabolics does it continue to work in your system - in terms of muscle building

any help wil be appreciated

Thanks !!!!

This is called amenorrhea. Yes both winny and primo e can cause this. Winny has a half life of about 8 hours, promo e about 6 days. You can generally figure that the winny will be out of our system totally in 3 days, the primo much longer. After the 1st half life ends the muscle building effects diminish very quickly. Your menstrual cycle is another story. It varies depending on nutritional status, the individual and the length of the cycle. Might be 8 weeks or it could be 8 months. Remember also that low body fat level could also possibly cause this.

R

Raz

TID Lady Member
Jul 30, 2017
This is called amenorrhea. Yes both winny and primo e can cause this. Winny has a half life of about 8 hours, promo e about 6 days. You can generally figure that the winny will be out of our system totally in 3 days, the primo much longer. After the 1st half life ends the muscle building effects diminish very quickly. Your menstrual cycle is another story. It varies depending on nutritional status, the individual and the length of the cycle. Might be 8 weeks or it could be 8 months. Remember also that low body fat level could also possibly cause this.
Thanks for the feedback , so i should just wait it out for the menstrual cycle to return? im not very keen to seek medical treatment for it , i do not feel physically effected by not having it - just mood swings are a bit aggravated from time to time ,im also still on a calorie restricted diet. and cutting body fat

T

TODAY

VIP Member
Apr 16, 2012
I'm assuming that you can rule out a pregnancy?

T

TODAY

VIP Member
Apr 16, 2012
definitely ruled out :)
In that case, I think Bigtex covered all of the bases. Keep close track of your nutrition, sleep, and stress levels and things SHOULD work themselves out. That being said, dramatic changes in menstruation can be a sign of some underlying issues. If you're still super irregular after a few months, I'd definitely consider seeing a doctor.

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
@Raz Welcome to the world of body altering : )

There is no one answer for your question about your menstrual cycle. You know why? Cuz EVERY WOMAN IS DIFFERENT and reacts DIFFERENTLY to many different compounds. You wait it out until it returns (plain and simple), if that is your goal. If you don't care, then move on.

I know lots of women that do aas cycles. When they come off, they simply wait for their menstrual cycles to return (again, this is different for every woman...could be days...could be weeks.....could be months). Then they may start another aas cycle. You see, they wait for their bodies to return to normalcy (somewhat lol), then start the stuff up again.

The not starting is a direct result of these compounds in your system by your choice and not naturally. So you are altering your body : ) It's fun huh?!
And this is a side affect.
If you care about your cycle and want to eventually create offspring of your own, then just wait and wait until it returns. If you don't care of your reproductive system....well then carry on. But I suspect that by the pure fact that you are asking, means that you care somewhat lol.

If you seek medical attention, and if you have insurance be careful what you divulge to said doctor. Unless you have a good relationship with said doctor. Healthcare is different from country to country as well, not sure where you are at, so may be a mute point.

Hope this helps....you are not alone....it happens all the time....even to different female athletes that may not do aas. The female body wants to be fat to protect the baby ovens and produce babies. You are putting it into a state where your body is saying....you can't reproduce right now...LOL.

DM me if any questions.
Happy Lifting!

Reactions: Raz
Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Thanks for the feedback , so i should just wait it out for the menstrual cycle to return? im not very keen to seek medical treatment for it , i do not feel physically effected by not having it - just mood swings are a bit aggravated from time to time ,im also still on a calorie restricted diet. and cutting body fat

Yes, just be patient. I know a doctor can prescribe medication (DHEA and pregnenolone ) that help kick start the menstrual cycle. Best is just enjoy not having it. If you are below 15% BF this may be some of the cause as well as a low caloric diet. Nutritionally, just make sure you are getting plenty of protein, extra calcium, and plenty of vitamin D to help avoid any bone loss.

My wife has been through this quite a few times and usually got disappointed when the cycle returned.

Good comments Bova JP. Glad to see a woman add experience to this.

R

Raz

TID Lady Member
Jul 30, 2017
@Raz Welcome to the world of body altering : )

There is no one answer for your question about your menstrual cycle. You know why? Cuz EVERY WOMAN IS DIFFERENT and reacts DIFFERENTLY to many different compounds. You wait it out until it returns (plain and simple), if that is your goal. If you don't care, then move on.

I know lots of women that do aas cycles. When they come off, they simply wait for their menstrual cycles to return (again, this is different for every woman...could be days...could be weeks.....could be months). Then they may start another aas cycle. You see, they wait for their bodies to return to normalcy (somewhat lol), then start the stuff up again.

The not starting is a direct result of these compounds in your system by your choice and not naturally. So you are altering your body : ) It's fun huh?!
And this is a side affect.
If you care about your cycle and want to eventually create offspring of your own, then just wait and wait until it returns. If you don't care of your reproductive system....well then carry on. But I suspect that by the pure fact that you are asking, means that you care somewhat lol.

If you seek medical attention, and if you have insurance be careful what you divulge to said doctor. Unless you have a good relationship with said doctor. Healthcare is different from country to country as well, not sure where you are at, so may be a mute point.

Hope this helps....you are not alone....it happens all the time....even to different female athletes that may not do aas. The female body wants to be fat to protect the baby ovens and produce babies. You are putting it into a state where your body is saying....you can't reproduce right now...LOL.

DM me if any questions.
Happy Lifting!
HI thank you for this i feel a bit more reassured now ... i did expect my cycle to be effected i just got a bit antsy lol when its almost 3 months gone without it , i wanted to know if anyone else has that also , bt yes what you are saying about women reacting differently makes so much sense ! I do not want or plan to have babies so this is not a worry for me , infact next month i am due to start up another aas cycle .I do not miss my period cycle lol, when it returns it returns i will just carry on with the goals in the meantime ....

R

Raz

TID Lady Member
Jul 30, 2017
Hi everyone
just to update ...my menstrual cycle returned yeasterday after 3 months .... so looks like waiting it out was the best plan :)
thanks everyone!!!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic