Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Prescribed Testum cream 5mg daily

Samson

Samson

MuscleHead
Dec 8, 2013
Got a friend who was just prescribed Testum cream 5mg daily. Anyone know what that translates into? Not sure the absorption rate and where that puts your test levels.

Thanks

wesleyinman

wesleyinman

MuscleHead
Jan 9, 2014
I had Testim gel about 10 years ago....But mine was 50mg tubes. I did one a day,applied to the shoulders. I had consistent blood work at around 700ish total..so it did work for a fact, certainly not as good as IM.

Stuff smells awesome...better then most colognes IMO.

If your buddy has 5mg ( I didn't know it came dosed that low) and it's the same gel, I can't imagine he is going to do very well at all levels wise.

^^bump for others ^^

Samson

Samson

MuscleHead
Dec 8, 2013
Thanks Wesley,
He's not a small guy 6'2 245.
It seems that is a low dose for him. Maybe the doc is just trying him out low to see what the numbers look like first and can adjust later.

A

amore169

Sep 8, 2012
When I first started with TRT I was prescribed Androgel, I was using 50mg daily which I applied after showering, at the beginning everything was great but with time the absorption rate decrease cause the blood work showed, so my Doctors solution lets double the dosage, I was using 100mg daily which equals to 8 pumps, my levels went up for a while but then again they started to decrease, then I switch to injectable Test C which I been doing for years already and it keeps my test levels more stable. My experience with topical gels are that there a waste of time, my body stopped responding to the gel and actually my skin started to get irritated with all the alcohol and my clothes were always white with all the gel residue, also I had to be really careful cause I have small children and it was a pain in trying to having not touch me. If your Doctor won't prescribe u with Test C I'll say find a Doctor that will, good luck.

biggerben692000

biggerben692000

MuscleHead
Feb 3, 2012
Testim 1% and I believe, but could very well be wrong, but this is the box of tubes and 5mg is the one and only strength it is available in. I had a couple of boxes some time ago. It's just to get guys into the "normal" range.
It still is known for it's "potent" stank.

wesleyinman

wesleyinman

MuscleHead
Jan 9, 2014
Testim 1% and I believe, but could very well be wrong, but this is the box of tubes and 5mg is the one and only strength it is available in. I had a couple of boxes some time ago. It's just to get guys into the "normal" range.
It still is known for it's "potent" stank.

Again I have never seen it in 5mgs..I don't know if they exist, but the 50mgs for a fact do. BY any chance and no offense are you guys confusing it with 5 GRAMS (5g)..because it says 5g's on some of the boxes.

TESTIM.jpg

http://www.testim.com/dosing.php

Testim comes in a discreet, portable tube

Testim is a clear, colorless gel that delivers testosterone to your body through your skin.
The starting dose of Testim is 1 tube each day, which provides 50 mg of
testosterone

Your doctor may also instruct you to increase your dose from 1 tube to 2 tubes
per day

Applying Testim once a day as part of your daily routine may help restore your
testosterone levels

Features of the Testim tube:
No pump or application device required
Minimal mess and spillage

Premeasured dosing
Convenient for travel*—TSA compliant†

Also I can agree with Amore about the fact it can certainly absorb in other people or children. After about 2 weeks of using this, my gf who would normally sleep on my shoulder, her face on the side where she would put her head down, started breaking out really bad in acne. I had to start sleeping with a shirt on..That part was a general pain in the ass. Mind you I would apply it first thing in the am..and even by late at night it certainly still had a film, you could even feel it sometimes after you showered even if you washed it off.

Samson

Samson

MuscleHead
Dec 8, 2013
He is sending me a pic so I can see what he's taking
I think it is what you have there.

Again I have never seen it in 5mgs..I don't know if they exist, but the 50mgs for a fact do. BY any chance and no offense are you guys confusing it with 5 GRAMS (5g)..because it says 5g's on some of the boxes.

View attachment 5574

http://www.testim.com/dosing.php

Testim comes in a discreet, portable tube

Testim is a clear, colorless gel that delivers testosterone to your body through your skin.
The starting dose of Testim is 1 tube each day, which provides 50 mg of
testosterone

Your doctor may also instruct you to increase your dose from 1 tube to 2 tubes
per day

Applying Testim once a day as part of your daily routine may help restore your
testosterone levels

Features of the Testim tube:
No pump or application device required
Minimal mess and spillage

Premeasured dosing
Convenient for travel*—TSA compliant†

Also I can agree with Amore about the fact it can certainly absorb in other people or children. After about 2 weeks of using this, my gf who would normally sleep on my shoulder, her face on the side where she would put her head down, started breaking out really bad in acne. I had to start sleeping with a shirt on..That part was a general pain in the ass. Mind you I would apply it first thing in the am..and even by late at night it certainly still had a film, you could even feel it sometimes after you showered even if you washed it off.

biggerben692000

biggerben692000

MuscleHead
Feb 3, 2012

Yup. That's exactly what I was doing. I had a box and a half of those tubes. POB saw them. These don't come in any other strength, correct?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic