Preparation H on Stomach for Contest Prep

Discussion in 'Advanced Bodybuilding - Contest Prep, Etc' started by FranchizeBBer, Jan 22, 2015.

1. FranchizeBBer

FranchizeBBer Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Has anyone had success (or even heard of) using Preparation H on the stomach region while doing cardio to help with the shrinking of the stomach flab/water/firming of the skin? I heard this at a natural bodybuilding competition two weeks ago.

2. jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7 TID Board Of Directors

Jan 18, 2011
    Yes but you can't use preparation h. If you search around a bit you will find they changed the formula and removed the shark fin oil which was the ingredient that helped pull subq water from the body ....

if if you have cvs where you are look at their generic roid cream which should have the shark fin oil in it. I've used it and it helps marginally it's not a magic trick but it will help.. Lower back, lower abs etc ... Some will tan with it on, others will put it on then wrap in serran wrap before bed and keep on all night

themuscle, el griff and Bullmuscle7 like this.
  3. Mike_RN

Mike_RN Senior Moderators Staff Member

Aug 13, 2013
    Canadian & Mexican Prep-H works well as they are still selling O.G. Formula. Canadian is available on Amazon

el griff likes this.
  4. Cabo Jo

Cabo Jo Thick n Wide VIP

Jun 26, 2011
    The gel works not the cream, from what I've been told.

5. Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7 MuscleHead

Jun 11, 2014

Serran wrap???? My wife already thinks this over the top!

If I come out of the bathroom wearing Serran wrap I'm not sure what's gonna happen.
    I think I'm goin sheiko!

6. BrotherIron

BrotherIron TID Board Of Directors

Mar 6, 2011
    Yup..... I knew some who would do this back in the day and yes they would also wrap with serran wrap. It did work well but it was just icing on the cake. I haven't heard someone talk about this for 15yrs though.

Warhead14 likes this.
  7. schultz1

schultz1 Bangs Raiden's mom VIP

Jan 3, 2011
    First time I've ever heard of it. I need to get out from under my rock a little more.

8. BrotherIron

Mar 6, 2011
    I don't know if it's so much of getting out from under the rock b/c I haden't heard of this in a long time. Last time I remember talking about this was when SS competed in BBing and that was a long time ago (9-10yrs ago).

9. gotclen

gotclen VIP Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I just think it is funny. At best it is temporary. Will NOT melt fat. Might pull so me subQ water.
    Models use it under their eyes to help with puffiness . Just keep on that meal plan and cardio.
    Gc

10. monsoon

monsoon Senior Bacon VIP

Nov 1, 2010
    That's exactly the point GC. The trick as I recall was to lather up the lower abs before tanning the last couple days before a show. Dan Duchaine suggested adding theophylline and using the prep H as a carrier. I'll admit that I made the cream and had a tub in my fridge. I never noticed a difference but hey any advantage right?

11. dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves TID Lady VIP

May 25, 2011
    Lower eyes and cellulite, it is a well known runway trick after jet setting and partying, though temporary whether on a runway or stage is do help to pull any sub q water for the show.

12. BrotherIron

Mar 6, 2011
    Nothing is permanent in bbing. Everyone is just looking for that edge even if it lasts an hour... it's still an advantage.

Ramrod and Mike_RN like this.