Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Pre contest diet four weeks out

J

Jhos

Nov 14, 2010
Im prepping for a show thats just over 4 weeks out. Im 5'11", 205 lbs @ 8 % BF. Im running tripple x @ 525 mg per week, letro, T3, and prami (just got off of HCG till PCT).

My diet is 2500 cals, b/w 60 and 100g of carbs depending on how I feel, 100g of fat, and 300-350g of protein. I have refeeds about once a week but those are slowly dissipating as the show approaches.

What changes do I need to make to the diet to adjust to the show thats coming up (I know the final week is a different story)?

Should I be timing carb intake according to workouts?

Any input helps, Thanks

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Re: Pre contest diet 4 weeks out

Typically the carb intake tapers down towards the end of the day. More often I have heard of people adjusting their workout schedules so that they lift earlier in the day when there is enough energy and carbs to get a pump.

Not sure if that suggestion is helpful bro... hopefully some other advice comes along. Good luck in the contest!

red rocket

red rocket

Feb 17, 2011

I keep my carbs the same right upto the last week. Drop them out on the sunday and re-introduce them on wed. You need enough carbs to keep things working all the way in. The last week sux abit, but the juice is worth the squeeze.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010

If you're still moving steadily in the right direction, I would hesitate changing things too much. Sometimes you try to monkey around with too many variables, and you don't know what your body is responding to. Also, everyone will tell you the secret to the final week. I'm gun-shy on that as well. Many people attempt to do a bunch of bizarre stuff the final week, and then indicate they were flat or they spilled over, etc.

I didn't spill over, I was just too chubby, LOL.

J

Jhos

Nov 14, 2010

Does anyone know where I can find other meal plans for the last week? Finding all the natty BB's diets

jdjack

jdjack

MuscleHead
Sep 22, 2010

'Natty'??? No such thing. Just b/c they use slin and GH/peps doesn't mean they're natty.

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
not sure if men do it different but. i run my cabs the same till one week out. ( show on Sat) Mon and Tues cut out carbs Wed bring them back so if i have been running 150grams of carbs Wed i would bring back 30grams then Thursday 50grams. And i stay at 50 grams. But if you are do water depletion and diuretics then it changes. Sat morning 30grams slow when i get up and then right be4 stage during pump-up i try to consume 75grams fast carbs. why are you doing only 100grams of carbs 4 weeks out? that is to low IMO. i bet you are flat ass hell. This is the time were you need to be full to see lagging parts. you are also 8% BF i would up the crabs drop some of the fats. 4 weeks is not a lot of time. what cardio are you doing??? I would try to find someone who has done mens BBing to help more

kyle grey

kyle grey

MuscleHead
May 15, 2012
If you keep doing what you're doing there's no way you'll be ready if things had gone to plan you would be ready three weeks out , sorry but if your still holding body fat you can't eat both carbs and fat you have to lose one and do something drastic . The final week preparations are irrelevant if your not in shape for it loading and depleting at that point will only make you look worse , your best bet now is to up your carbs but not too much , drop the fats , increase your cardio and hope to come in looking full in the muscle but you won't be ripped .

Last edited:
uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
I think this was from 2011....FYI

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
why was is on the new posts ???? LOL i did not even realize

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
It happens from time to time.....especially on my phone. Random posts show up from the past...I've done it too.

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
I wounder what happened LOL

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic