Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

PR thread !!!Post em up :)

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Not lifetime PR's but my recent PR's at my new lighter/smaller version of me (242)

Squat~ 505 w/ sleeves & belt
Conv. Deadlift ~ 485x4

Looking to get back to 585 or more by years end at this smaller size.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
The end of last year I hit:
Back Squat - 555lbs w/ sleeves + belt
Conv. Deadlift - 495x4 w/ belt

bybon

bybon

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2011
Flat DB Bench Press:
2 reps using 160lb DBs.

Goal is 1RM with 200lb DBs. I will go higher if joints allow it.

Metroflex in Arlington is when I finally hit 1RM with 160s. I really want to get a rep with the 250lb DBs there and press the Inch Dumbbell there!

bybon

bybon

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2011
I front squatted 405 for a double yesterday.
Envious.
I just started front squats again and would like to be at that weight (if my discs allow it, at least).

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Flat DB Bench Press:
2 reps using 160lb DBs.

Metroflex in Arlington is when I finally hit 1RM with 160s. I really want to get a rep with the 250lb DBs there and press the Inch Dumbbell there!
Envious.
I just started front squats again and would like to be at that weight (if my discs allow it, at least).

"Envious" backatcha. Metroflex-Arlington is Hallowed Ground for anyone with access to youtube. The home gym for Ronnie, Branch, and Johnnie Jackson if I'm not mistaken, the site where some Ronnie and some Branch DVD's were located, the site where Ronnie benched those 200s for reps, squatted+deadlifted 800 while the owner spotted, the site where Branch's training partner was throwing benches around looking for Branch's favorite Bar, and the site (not sure about this one) where Ronnie did all those lunges out in the parking lot before just dumping the 185+ with NO one complaining ... is that the gym you mean?

Envious indeed, or did I already say that ........

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Flat DB Bench Press:
2 reps using 160lb DBs.

Just looked this place up and think I'll have to stop by one day for a workout. Reminds me of a old-school garage gym, which might be hell in the summer months in texas.

I sure as hell miss my Gold's Gym from back in the day.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Just looked this place up and think I'll have to stop by one day for a workout. Reminds me of a old-school garage gym, which might be hell in the summer months in texas.

I sure as hell miss my Gold's Gym from back in the day.

Always the right place, wrong time for me. I visited Golds Gym Venice tourist-style, but it was no longer "the mecca of bodybuilding" depicted in Pumping Iron, circa 1970. The version I saw was bigger, but the magic was gone. Putting my time machine in reverse, I was raised in Syosset, NY when it was a "bedroom community" for middle class Boomers who worked in NYC to raise their kids and take the LIRR to work in The City. It was only yrs later that Bev Francis+Steve decided to try putting a gym there, the one that became known as The East Coast Mecca of Bodybuilding, the one all touring IFBB Pros stop at while in the NYC area, the damn one that showed up after I was 1000 miles away.

bybon

bybon

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2011
"Envious" backatcha. Metroflex-Arlington is Hallowed Ground for anyone with access to youtube. The home gym for Ronnie, Branch, and Johnnie Jackson if I'm not mistaken, the site where some Ronnie and some Branch DVD's were located, the site where Ronnie benched those 200s for reps, squatted+deadlifted 800 while the owner spotted, the site where Branch's training partner was throwing benches around looking for Branch's favorite Bar, and the site (not sure about this one) where Ronnie did all those lunges out in the parking lot before just dumping the 185+ with NO one complaining ... is that the gym you mean?

Envious indeed, or did I already say that ........

Yes. Got a pic with Brian too. Said "Ronnie did lunges on this asphalt" to my wife lol Befriended the guys there; all nice folks. Luckily it's only 5 hours away if I want to go back!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic