Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

PozzSka's Online Log Book

PozzSka

PozzSka

Sep 15, 2010
Currently training for a powerlifting meet (Nov. 20th in Cleveland, OH).

Current training maxes are:
Squat 365
Bench 255
Deadlift 495

Current gym PR's:
Squat 425
Bench 300
Deadlift 555

Current competition PR's:
Squat 375
Bench 275
Deadlift 536

Apparently had a bad day at competition.

Currently using Jim Wendler's 5/3/1 template for main lifts, and adjusting the accessory work as necessary.

Today is the start of a new cycle. So it's Military Press day.

Thanks for reading.

guss

guss

MuscleHead
Aug 11, 2010
PozzSka, are these lifts raw or using equipment? Also whats your stats?

PozzSka

PozzSka

Sep 15, 2010
Those are all raw and natural numbers. Never lifted in gear or used gear. Just don't care to at this point.

Currently:

27 years old
6'6" tall
258lbs (looking to grow into my next comp)

Competed the last time at 242 (made weight by .1 kg, had to take off my glasses and underwear to get under 110kg (242lbs)). Probably why my competition numbers are under my gym numbers, had to keep from gaining weight leading up to competition.

I've only really been focusing on powerlifting for a year or so. Before that was for size/strength, but mostly just to look good.

I also play basketball when my friends ask (cuz I'm tall), but usually give my self 8-12 weeks to bring up the cardio and plyo work before I actually have to play.

Right now, though, I'm in PL mode.

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
You must have long arms being that tall. That's gotta make it tougher to put up big numbers on flat bench

PozzSka

PozzSka

Sep 15, 2010
You must have long arms being that tall. That's gotta make it tougher to put up big numbers on flat bench

I actually don't have very long arms for my height. Just normal...my wingspan is the same as my height. I do have a pretty long upper body, so squatting is my toughest. I have to work hard on mobility and stretching to keep good form. I think I pinched a nerve a couple years ago, so I have to work around that when it flairs up. Lately, though, my squat has felt pretty good. Planning to put up at least 405 at the comp in November.

PozzSka

PozzSka

Sep 15, 2010
Yesterday was Military Press day:
worked up to 145 x 7
then moved onto Floor Press 3x5 @ 225
DB Rows, 60x10, 85 x 6, 120x 10, 10, 10
Band Pull Aparts mini band x lots
Band pushdowns x lots

PozzSka

PozzSka

Sep 15, 2010
30 minutes cardio this AM...yes...even powerlifters do cardio. :)

H

hugec2

Sep 15, 2010
HAHA im glad to see you do cardio.. Being healthy is good.. Also dont you love being by far the tallest powerlifter?!? makes deads fun huh.. Im a bit taller than most too...

Do you a foam roller to stretch with?? Myofacial release is awsome for not only recovery but performance..

PozzSka

PozzSka

Sep 15, 2010
Besides my brother (about 6'5") I was by far the tallest lifter at my last competition. I heard the spotters as I was setting up for my first attempt on the squat say something like (paraphrased) "This guy looks like a fucking lumberjack." As a 6'6" guy with a beard and very short hair, it seemed appropriate. I smiled to myself, then made the lift.

And, at my size I burn more calories then a 5'8" dude, so I can eat more if I keep doing cardio when gaining weight. And, yes, I do use a foam roller. Usually use as part of warm up on lower body days. And, then I add it in any other day that I feel tight or feel that i need it. I should buy another one and just leave it next to the elliptical and do it then, too.

Anyone out there train at home?? I'm considering buying a rack and a GHR for home, and that would cover just about any lift I do (squat, dl, mp, bp, row, pullup, gm, c&p/j, GHR, situps, abs, etc.). Just don't want to be distracted by my family every time I go to train in the garage.

H

hugec2

Sep 15, 2010
Besides my brother (about 6'5") I was by far the tallest lifter at my last competition. I heard the spotters as I was setting up for my first attempt on the squat say something like (paraphrased) "This guy looks like a fucking lumberjack." As a 6'6" guy with a beard and very short hair, it seemed appropriate. I smiled to myself, then made the lift.

And, at my size I burn more calories then a 5'8" dude, so I can eat more if I keep doing cardio when gaining weight. And, yes, I do use a foam roller. Usually use as part of warm up on lower body days. And, then I add it in any other day that I feel tight or feel that i need it. I should buy another one and just leave it next to the elliptical and do it then, too.

Anyone out there train at home?? I'm considering buying a rack and a GHR for home, and that would cover just about any lift I do (squat, dl, mp, bp, row, pullup, gm, c&p/j, GHR, situps, abs, etc.). Just don't want to be distracted by my family every time I go to train in the garage.

I do my cardio at home but thats about it. My gym membership costs about 18 dollars a month so I like that..

The lumber jack and shrek comments are great aren't they?!?! Funny thing is that tall guys are more successful and of course always better looking ;-)

PozzSka

PozzSka

Sep 15, 2010
Saturday was DL day:
worked up to 415 x 7
then box squats 225 x 5,5, 275 x 2,2, 315 x 1
Then some GM's with bands
then a couple sets each of leg raises, leg curls, and face pulls

Then on Sunday did 30mins cardio

weight's up to 260...doing well.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic