Latest Member
Kiddorism

Powerlifting movies/doco's on YouTube

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
A thread solely for powerlifting movies :D

This first film gives a really good insight into the sport of powerlifting. From it's roots when it was known as 'oddlifts', right through to modern day it's an informative, insightful and rivetting watch. Featured greats such as Coan, Karwoski and Pacifico. Enjoy
beerbang.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
RYAN KENNELLY: 'THE ROAD TO THE ARNOLD (2005)'

Ryan 'BenchMonster' Kennelly has earned his stripes as one of the most successful big benchers in history, underscored by his third Arnold Classic victory. This Hardcorepowerlifting.com production is a documentary of the path Ryan took to victory #2 at the '05 Arnold, but there is nothing dry about his 1.5 hour presentation, with its awe-inspiring graphics and slicing edge soundtrack. Presented by House of Pain, there is in-your-face coverage of both workouts and contest performances. What emerges immediately and flows throughout the DVD is the astonishing explosiveness that characterizes a Ryan Kennelly benchpress. He literally throws weight up in the air, most particularly on the final rep of a set, and he cranks out some amazing board press performances in training, making it look almost easy.There are several unique features of Ryan's benching that are illustrated...mindblowing floor presses with huge amounts of chains, for example. An intriguing feature of the DVD is the recorded background patter of training partners and Ryan himself, during training sessions, interacting with other great benchers, and at the Arnold itself...sometimes hilarious, sometimes shocking, and everything in between. There's historic footage of that first 800 lb. bench and his first 900, huge raw lifts, and astonishing rep sets...(how about 400x20.) The other thing that jumps out at you is what a massively stuck together human bein' Ryan is...physically, he is a goliath of muscularity. Check out what he puts in the Kennelly Shake , see how ripped he was after winning the Arnold, you won't believe the bloody towel , it's all here - a docu-drama in out-of-the-ordinary detail.” Mike Lambert, Editor-In-Chief, Powerlifting USA magazine, Page 8, April, 2006.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
Both awesome..... thanks for the awesome thread

kyle grey

kyle grey

MuscleHead
May 15, 2012
Big Kaz tribute , keep your eyes peeled for Sigmarsson's back development in the early part of the clip

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Man I've watched Ryan Kennelly's Road to the Arnold about 20 times. I love it !

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
I'll try and add more movies when I come across them, I actually thought there would be more than there appears to be.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Here's a tribute vid of Michail Koklyaev... I realize his focus isn't powerlifting but he's a great all around strength athlte.

kyle grey

kyle grey

MuscleHead
May 15, 2012
I'll try and add more movies when I come across them, I actually thought there would be more than there appears to be.

Perhaps guys realised being on film adds weight to your appearance LOL .

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic