Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Powerlifting Meet Cycles

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Curious what you guys are cycling coming up to a meet. Especially seeing what the older guys (yes thats you too admin, sorry bro) have done in the past.

I'm no Veteran competitor but here is how I cycled for my last two meets:

Training cycle began 14 weeks out
1g Test Phenyl Prop
600mg Nandrolone Phenyl Prop
100mg test no ester pre workout (3x per week)
Starting 4 weeks out
add 30mg halo daily
Meet Day
60mg halo prior to meet
20mg halo prior to second attempt bench

Next meet:

Had to come off my cruise of test and start this a little closer to the meet than I wanted:

Training cycle began 7 weeks out
750mg Test Enanthate
700mg Trenbolone Acetate
30mg dbol daily
100mg drol daily
50mg var daily
Meet Day
50mg Dbol
200mg Drol
100mg Var

Plans for the next meet will be Test and NPP again with halo or possibly methyl tren >:)

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
I've been wanting to view a thread like this for a while.

Superman

Superman

VIP Member
Aug 28, 2012
Methyltren? Perhaps you are talking about methyltrienolone? I wouldn't bother if you've got access to halotestin. I'm an extremist when it comes to cycles I never come off I pretty much blast year round. That being said. TO ME the dosages aren't extreme, however I think you are missing the buck when it comes to the orals. They would be much better served if you took them for 2 weeks leading into the meet. Even if that meant 30 mg dbol/day 100mg/drol day 100mg var a day.

This being expecially true for anavar I could break the science about creatine storage, why it's important for ATP synthesis particularly for a max effort lift, However I will leave it to my bro science. Var isn't going to help you on the day of. Halo on the day of has never helped me that is another compound I've found best run at 10-20 mg/day for 2 weeks 2 1/2 weeks. I've gone to the gym a handful of times on 30-50 mg of halotestin and I never had the same effect I did on week 2 of 10 mg. It does increase aggression but it doesn't give your body enough time to utilize the compound and saturate your androgen receptors. More is not always better, I have learned this by being a steroid abusing extremist.

If it were me I really like that second cycle and I think you are on to something badass. I would run the var for 6 weeks prior, I would run the orals dbol/drol for 2 weeks prior. You will be really suprised at how ****ing strong you will be. The injectables are all on point. Here is my plan for my meet in OCT

Right now I am running 600 deca/1200 test weekly 12-20 MG methylsten per day
I will probably keep running this and start using epi 6 weeks out/ msten until the day of/ halo 2 weeks prior

If I want to really set prs I'll use my test/mast/tren 100 mg ED.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
I've been wanting to view a thread like this for a while.
Yeah me too. Even though I don't juice I still find it all pretty interesting reading, especially with regards to powerlifting rather than BB'ing.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
I've competed on Test/tren/drol/dbol/halo, test/drol/var/halo, and test/npp/drol/var/halo. I seem to have found the oral combo I like, drol/var/halo, but I think that I was stronger on tren than the npp or high dose
test.

Will be competing in a couple months while on low test (300ish), high tren (1.05g), and drol/var/halo at 100/100/30 (until the day before the meet, then it could get stupid). I don't think this is indicative of anything I may do in the future because I am cutting right now, so in a future cycle I will probably run the test much higher.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Ok so one legit response so far? Board full of powerlifters right? Post up!

Determined

Determined

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2012
Here's how I did one of my meets....

10 weeks out
Test 1000mg
Tren 600mg
6 weeks out
Added 50mg dbol and 50mg drol

Also last 7 days before meet did a ml of tren a everyday

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013

The problem with this is I'm completely at a loss as how to run a PL meet cycle and I'm in the middle of one right now. So I don't want to offer any advice because it would just be based on bro-science coming from me. I'm 8 weeks out right now and I'm just on Test and NPP I can normally only run orals at high doses for about 6 weeks before my appetite starts getting affected by them. I will most likely be running Dbol and Drol because I have them on hand but I haven't decided on the doses yet. As for the day of the meet can your body absorb all those orals effectively? I will be running halo for the last two weeks and the day of.

I really hope some other guys chime in because I can't find much compelling data online that shows how to best layout for the last month of your cycle. So I'll probably just be sticking to what I know works for me.

Last edited:
BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011

Sorry bud but I haven't cycled in over 5yrs. If I was to run a cycle I'd run Test Prop/NPP/Drol/T3.

Last edited:
PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
The problem with this is I'm completely at a loss as how to run a PL meet cycle and I'm in the middle of one right now. So I don't want to offer any advice because it would just be based on bro-science coming from me. I'm 8 weeks out right now and I'm just on Test and NPP I can normally only run orals at high doses for about 6 weeks before my appetite starts getting affected by them. I will most likely be running Dbol and Drol because I have them on hand but I haven't decided on the doses yet. As for the day of the meet can your body absorb all those orals effectively? I will be running halo for the last two weeks and the day of.

I really hope some other guys chime in because I can't find much compelling data online that shows how to best layout for the last month of your cycle. So I'll probably just be sticking to what I know works for me.

I'm not looking for advice. This is just an info thread. Speak up!

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
My cycle is as follows (orals during the last month might change doses a bit)

Weeks 1-14
MWF 450 Test Sust
MWF 100 NPP
50mg Proviron ed

Weeks 15-20
MWF 450 Test Sust
MWF 100 NPP
50mg Proviron ed
80mg Var ed

Weeks 17-20
MWF 450 Test Sust
MWF 100 NPP
50mg Proviron ed
80mg Var ed
Dbol 50mg ed
Drol 50mg ed

Weeks 19-20
MWF 450 Test Sust
MWF 100 NPP
50mg Proviron ed
80mg Var ed
Dbol 100mg ed
Drol 100mg ed
Halo 40 mg ed

I might swap out some of the Sust with TNE at some point as well.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Do any of you guys need to worry about drug testing with the fed(s) that you lift with?

Sorry if that's a dumb question.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic