Threads
Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism

powerlifting gear

C

ccjc81

Feb 2, 2011
Just looking for feedback on buying powersuit,deadlift suit and benchshirt. Always lifted raw so i need help,any suggestions or what powerlifting gear some of you prefer,thanks%%-

J

jute

Dec 22, 2010
Do yourself a favor and get SINGLE ply to start out with.. There is a huge learning curve when first starting out with gear. So please dont think your gonna throw on suit and squat 800 lbs.. I stayed with single ply for over a year. Inzer had some really good single ply stuff.. Are you a flat bencher or have an arch.. Wide stance squat or narrow?

C

ccjc81

Feb 2, 2011
im pretty much flat back bencher and i have a wide stance when squatting if that helps

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
im pretty much flat back bencher and i have a wide stance when squatting if that helps

ccjc81 look for a metal militia bench video. You will need to learn to arch to bench maximim weight. Its big change from connvention bench pressing.

T

Triax

Sep 23, 2010
I havent noticed much out of my titan deadlift suit.Have tried a few bench shuirts and prefer rage x...Just look on ebay and get cheap used gear and see how you like the different brands.Different brands perform and act differently.

J

jute

Dec 22, 2010
You really cant buy used gear.. You need to properly measure yourself and get the suit to fit your body.
I use a Rage x also.. Still contemplating getting the Boss double ply or leviathan double ply. squat suit and brief

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Pardon the noob question here, I'm not a powerlifter... Just wondering what the lifting gear does exactly? A dude at my gym tonight was squatting (ridiculous weight) and was wearing a suit. Is it just compression of the muscles? Sorta gives you something to push against like a lifting belt does?

J

jute

Dec 22, 2010
If used properly it can add alot more weight to your lifts

T

Triax

Sep 23, 2010
You really cant buy used gear.. You need to properly measure yourself and get the suit to fit your body.
I use a Rage x also.. Still contemplating getting the Boss double ply or leviathan double ply. squat suit and brief[/Q
I agree once you find the right gear.If you buy used gear in your stock size to start out you can try out the different brands before your main purchase.To buy and try new would cost thousands.But for sure once u go with your competition gear always buy new.

C

ccjc81

Feb 2, 2011
thanks all il take your advice.Gear is expensive though but il give it a go i just have to get sized up.Is their a special sizing chart to go by?

M

MikeSki

Mar 15, 2011
my first squat suit was a Titan Centurion this was great but it took time to get use to it. Many box squats with the straps down till I could put up the straps and try a 500lb squat (mind you I was doing 500lb squats with knee wraps and belt for reps previously). This suit and Inzer grove briefs got me a nice 615lb squat.
The only shirt I had is a Inzer double ply phenom. I am still getting use to this but the best bench is 525. Great pop off the chest just had to get it there but it is typical of any shirt.
The other squat suit I have is Metal Ace Pro Squatter, double ply, very nice but need to learn how tosit back and push into the suit else you will not go down. Great pop out of the hole allowing you to transistion to the glutes to finish the lift best lift so far 765. This suit would be very hard to do if you do not lift in a monolift.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
My team likes to start new lifters off with loose fitting multi-ply gear. They can adjust it tighter when they get comfortable in it. Start in a poly suit, then after you get comfortable with it add briefs, or cut the straps and wear it as a brief under a canvas.....

That's just my team though. We have the knowledge and experience their to make that work. Learning to work gear is 1000x easier if you have guys around you who know their shit and will help you.

For what it's worth, my whole team is in Overkill equipment. Rudy ( of Overkill) will custom make you gear to whatever specs you want and to your exact measurements for less than a stock shirt from INzer or Titan.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic