Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Power Rack/Squat Rack and Olympic Bench

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Anyone know a place that has them in stock that delivers? Is a $1,500 budget good enough?

Thanks!

I have put in maybe 5-6 gyms in high schools over my time in them and even ran powerlifting meets for 10 years. I used a company here in Houston called Promaxima. https://www.promaxima.com The make all of their own equipment and do a huge business here in Texas. The equipment is very good quality. I would suggest a power rack, movable/adjustable bench and a set of weights.

https://www.promaxima.com/strength/racks-platforms.html

https://www.promaxima.com/strength/free-weight-equipment/fw-150-adjustable-work-bench.html

https://www.promaxima.com/accessories/weights-accessories.html?p=1

You will have to call to get prices. But they are pretty inexpensive.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Yea....crazy prices out there. With my daughter showing an interest in some training, I looked for a set of bumper plates to outfit the home gym. Everyone sold out. People selling used ones for double the retail of new.

Just figured I would weight it out (see what I did there ;) )

If I were in a bind I would troll craigs and snatch up something to get me through knowing I would probably get rid of it later. I would not go too crazy.

Maybe a 300lb weight set w/ bar and an ex curl. I might even make a rack out of wood if I had too, but a cage would be ideal if you can pick up a cheap one.
Good luck man!

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
People selling rusted plates for $0.85 a lb on Craigs, it's insane.

Thanks @Bigtex I will check that site out, that's why I love you, all homo....

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
People selling rusted plates for $0.85 a lb on Craigs, it's insane.

Thanks @Bigtex I will check that site out, that's why I love you, all homo....

Its been a while since I bought plated from Promaxima but I seem to recall paying about .45/lb for the 100lb plates.

Excessiveone

Excessiveone

MuscleHead
Apr 6, 2012
Omnifitnessusa.com

Bought the Viking V.1 Power Rack w/heavy duty adjustable bench. 3x3 11 gauge steel 375lbs. 1000lb capacity.
Rack Height can be adjusted 86 up to 92.5.
Listed at 1200
Give Justin a call he'll hook you up with quality equipment.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Anyone buy anything good in the last month or so? My garage is almost done, want to get a good setup for my and my boys (sons, not boyz with a Z)

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
Anyone buy anything good in the last month or so? My garage is almost done, want to get a good setup for my and my boys (sons, not boyz with a Z)
Just got a new safety squat bar for the garage. Titan version 2, made by same folks in MN. that make the elite fts yoke bar , or so coop with garage gym reviews says. Best thing is collars work on the sleeves.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
@Lizard King

there is a place out of CO I’ll get you the name of that has everything at pretty good prices for new stuff. Will update this later today.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Never heard of them, BUT, might be the best online presentation I've seen, and I include Rogue + Sorinex in that comparison. Most stuff is out of stock, of course, but they have "ETA" lists on the home page, broken down to those who already have a pre-order in vs. those who are starting from scratch ... and broken down to ETAs for different categories, like weight plates vs. dumbells vs. barbells vs. racks, etc.

Never seen that many different style J-Cups (insert your favorite bra joke here) available from one merchant. Not sure how significant that is, but "Variety" sure is abundant on this site.

Gotta pay attention to details of course. That $239 entry level rack is 14 gauge steel, not the usual 11g. That may actually be ok for many folks, but I dunno, never used one.

Shipping looks to be outta Denver, so @Lizard King might wanna consider your costs to the Bed-Stuy part of Brooklyn or anywhere near there.

Interesting catch, Jack.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I like that HR-5000 half rack! Buy it for me Uncle @rawdeal

Bed-Stuy, lol Being gentrified block by block

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic