Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Postman needs advice

warrioronchris

warrioronchris

Sep 17, 2018
Hey all - been lifting for quite awhile, 3 years ago I became a mailman and since then my levels of gym activity have declined drastically - I can’t seem to have energy after working 9-11 hrs on my feet the whole time and it’s quite aerobic everyday - I just can’t seem to keep my body energized enough to hit the weights from being so exhausted - any comments and suggestions are much appreciated

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
What were your typical weekly workouts like before you went Postal? It may be they were ideal for that version of you, and way too much for the new you. Have you been trying to do what you used to do in the gym, or had you already adjusted to a lower volume approach to training?

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
I have an active job as well. I've found that loading a gallon of water with BCAAs and electrolytes and drinking throughout my shift (13hrs if all goes well) helps immensely. My total water intake for a given day in the field is about 1.5 gallons, so 1 gallon of my mixture, 1/2 gallon plain water. I also adjust meals and cals to reflect my lifestyle. I eat every 2-3hrs that I'm awake. Period. Doesn't matter if it's a normal 18 waking hour day or on a 36hr grind. If I'm up, I'm eating. I hope that helps; it was a lot of trial and error for me.

Darkness

Darkness

VIP Member
May 7, 2011
How about training in the am early before your shift??

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
How many days are you looking to lift?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic