Postman needs advice

Discussion in 'Advanced Bodybuilding - Contest Prep, Etc' started by warrioronchris, Sep 17, 2018.

1. warrioronchris

warrioronchris New Member

Sep 17, 2018
    Hey all - been lifting for quite awhile, 3 years ago I became a mailman and since then my levels of gym activity have declined drastically - I can’t seem to have energy after working 9-11 hrs on my feet the whole time and it’s quite aerobic everyday - I just can’t seem to keep my body energized enough to hit the weights from being so exhausted - any comments and suggestions are much appreciated

2. rawdeal

rawdeal TID Board Of Directors

Nov 29, 2013
    What were your typical weekly workouts like before you went Postal? It may be they were ideal for that version of you, and way too much for the new you. Have you been trying to do what you used to do in the gym, or had you already adjusted to a lower volume approach to training?

warrioronchris likes this.
  3. MAYO

MAYO Bad Mother

Sep 27, 2010
    I have an active job as well. I've found that loading a gallon of water with BCAAs and electrolytes and drinking throughout my shift (13hrs if all goes well) helps immensely. My total water intake for a given day in the field is about 1.5 gallons, so 1 gallon of my mixture, 1/2 gallon plain water. I also adjust meals and cals to reflect my lifestyle. I eat every 2-3hrs that I'm awake. Period. Doesn't matter if it's a normal 18 waking hour day or on a 36hr grind. If I'm up, I'm eating. I hope that helps; it was a lot of trial and error for me.

BLTC, Rider and warrioronchris like this.
  4. Darkness

Darkness VIP Member

May 7, 2011
    How about training in the am early before your shift??

5. PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance Strength Pimp Staff Member

Feb 27, 2011
    How many days are you looking to lift?

6. Realize

Realize VIP Member

Sep 7, 2010
    I was thinking the same thing.