Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Post workout carbs

Yeomans

Yeomans

May 3, 2012
Hi

just a quick question I'm currently low carbing and wanted to know the best carbs to intake after a work out and how many?

Thanks.

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
I still like simple carbs pwo even when dieting, gatoraide etc... I know there are diets out there that this won't work, but if ur jus cutting calories an watching you're carbs then IMO it's ok.... I'm curious what others do also.

Adambiceps

Adambiceps

Nov 3, 2011
I only take in food carbs ie rice potatoes etc, unless im shooting slin then id use liquid carbs... if your dieting then fast pwo carbs aren't really needed, because to lose fat spiking insulin isnt the goal :)

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I usually stick to food carbs. Sometimes it'll be junky like if I really beat the hell out of myself so I'll have some sugary cereal or something, maybe ice cream. Otherwise I stick to my brown rice or sweet potatoes cause I'm a fat ass as it is.

lymbo

lymbo

TID Lady Member
Dec 21, 2011
arrowroot ...ha ha..didnt know about that one..fast acting good for the bod ck it out..helps keeps me lean year round and gives me the carb recovery spike i need and i cook with it

Yeomans

Yeomans

May 3, 2012
so I don't really need them but a little won't hurt.

Thanks guys!

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
so I don't really need them but a little won't hurt.

Thanks guys!

I'd say u do need simple carbs to replenish ur glycogen stores if you are training hard... It's not just about spiking insulin so ur body takes in the protien.... Sweet potatoes an brown rice jus won't be the best choice to do that IMO...... As long as ur not taking in more calories than u use during the day an ur not mixing in fat pwo u will continue to loose weight.

usa

usa

MuscleHead
Dec 24, 2010
Tell us why you are on a low carb diet. Are you cycling your carb intake or are you trying to lose weight and on a consistent every day low carb eating plan. Depending on how you feel during and after your training you can get by with very few carbs PWO. Carbs are really all about timing. I personally would find a source of simple carbohydrates thats easy to measure. And if your truly following a low carb diet you may only need to have a carb spike only once or twice a week. I usually follow the anabolic diet when I carb cycle.

crowman

crowman

MuscleHead
Nov 2, 2011
i do solid food carbs i.e. angel hair pasta. works great for me with fish.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
I've been wondering if peanutbutter (natty pbutter)and honey sandwich on whole grain bread would be ok post workout with almond milk. Im just worried about spiking insulin and fat storage. I think its ok but would like to hear from you more experienced guys. Still trying to get diet down in some areas, thanks.

DLTH

DLTH

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2011
I've been wondering if peanutbutter (natty pbutter)and honey sandwich on whole grain bread would be ok post workout with almond milk. Im just worried about spiking insulin and fat storage. I think its ok but would like to hear from you more experienced guys. Still trying to get diet down in some areas, thanks.

Fat is going to slow down digestion so I wouldn't eat that post workout. Plus I'd never eat fat while trying to spike my insulin if I'm dieting down. All I ever have postworkout is a shake and a banana.

T

TexasTechbeast

Apr 21, 2012
My post workout meal consist of a protein/with some bcaa's shake and a banana. I was considering the peanut butter as well, but I'll stick with the shake. lol

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic