Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Polyglycan

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
i routinely give myself (well have my techs give me because im too chicken to do it myself) injections of adequan.

adequan is glucosamine and is superior to all other straight glucosamine preperations. i have tried several of the generics and nothing has worked as well. i have recently added pentosan for soft tissues and between the two i manage to get.

the humidity has been terrible lately with no rain. it is killing my joints. usually when it is dry i can go 3-4 weeks before things hurt so bad that i have to man up and get the shot in the butt but with this humidity i am having to go every other week and should probably brave them weekly.

we had ordered some polyglycan for a client and they never came in and picked it up. polyglycan is glucosamine, chondroitin sulfate and hylaronic acid. there is no better synergistic activity than chondroitin sulfate with glucosamine. i have used it extensively in joint injections with depo so it thought, what the hell, debbie, stop being a baby and try it.

each ml contains 100mgs of glucosamine
100mgs of chondroitin
0.5mg of hylaronic acid

i had jenn give me a 2.5cc of polyglycan. there was absolutely no pain associated with injection other than jenn moving the needle around :) my thumb on my left hand was extremely painful yesterday and it continued to bother me all day. i was kind of bummed when i went to bed that i was still having sharp pains in it when i moved it. i woke up this morning and it and my wrists and all the rest of my joints feel pretty darn good.

there is nothing that is going to make chronic arthritic conditions go away or stop hurting completely but every little bit helps. i can tell you that right now i am thinking that from now on im going to use polyglycan. i will keep you all updated on how it goes over the next few weeks.

MightyMouse719

MightyMouse719

National Champion & VIP Member
Jul 8, 2011
Very interesting. My friend is an oly lifter, has osteoarthritis and her knee really hurts. Maybe this will help her out. The docs around here are really not giving her any options except "suck it up."

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
it is so hard with arthritis because to a certain extent that is all one can do. but i have seen some pretty incredible changes in horses with the regular use of injectable joint supps and having been on them myself for atleast 2 years, they make a huge diffference. i have taken oral ones daily for 4 years and they help a bunch as well.

MightyMouse719

MightyMouse719

Jul 8, 2011
She still needs to lose some weight (don't we all), but she's lost 100 lbs in the past year, and being lighter would help her joints. But the bad knee is really messing up her training. I will suggest she look into the Polyglycan.

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Very interesting. My friend is an oly lifter, has osteoarthritis and her knee really hurts. Maybe this will help her out. The docs around here are really not giving her any options except "suck it up."

she should be able to get a shot of hyalgan from a good doc that treats sport-athletic type injuries. Realy i'm surprised her doctors havn't mentioned this. (they must be clueless ?) some of the older folks here with bad knees are given this teatment for osteoarthritis as a standard therapy. Hyalgan Vs. Synvisc | eHow.com

These shots are directly into the joint at the clinic.

MightyMouse719

MightyMouse719

Jul 8, 2011
she should be able to get a shot of hyalgan from a good doc that treats sport-athletic type injuries. Realy i'm surprised her doctors havn't mentioned this. (they must be clueless ?) some of the older folks here with bad knees are given this teatment for osteoarthritis as a standard therapy. Hyalgan Vs. Synvisc | eHow.com

These shots are directly into the joint at the clinic.

Yeah, you would think so. The assclown she went to told her to take naproxen and suffer until she's 50, and then get a total knee replacement. She's getting a second opinion, but all she can get is cortizone shots every now and then at the moment. She didn't get any kind of rehab/pain maintenance suggestions at all.

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Yeah, you would think so. The assclown she went to told her to take naproxen and suffer until she's 50, and then get a total knee replacement. She's getting a second opinion, but all she can get is cortizone shots every now and then at the moment. She didn't get any kind of rehab/pain maintenance suggestions at all.

Get her in and get theese shots, does the same thing ATW mentioned but more effective, it will prolong that knee and maybe even releive the pain from lifting. They numb up the inject spot and usualy go with a 25ga syringe. Doesn't hurt at all.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
intraarticular hylaruonic acid is good but it isnt going to fix something that is severally arthritic. i injected my dads knees with HA/depo several times and tried different combinations and such. he would get good pain control for maybe 3-5 days and because he never stops, he would be right back to being painfull. he had both femoral grooves replaced this spring.

the reason that i like the IM injections is that it helps all your joints. IA HA is only going to help the one joint that you put it in. and if your knees are bad than you hips are bad and your vertebrae are bad etc etc. IM injections depending on the prep will be in all joints within two hours and decreasing inflammation by 8.

human medicine is way behind in the area of joint injections and supplementation IMO.

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
human medicine is way behind in the area of joint injections and supplementation IMO.

True it is, other countries have it but the good ol USA is always last on things like this.
Yea if your joint is at an advanced stage of deterioration than it wont help much, however direct-injects just speed the process up vrse intramuscular and quell inflamation faster. Both type of shots would be ideal.

SJA

SJA

MuscleHead
Feb 24, 2011
I definitely would like to experiment with this. I'm wondering if a smaller dose E3D would keep you fro going into "the hole" and maintain levels in your blood stream. Is this oil based? My GF is scared to death of needles but would entertain it if it was a slin pin.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
I definitely would like to experiment with this. I'm wondering if a smaller dose E3D would keep you fro going into "the hole" and maintain levels in your blood stream. Is this oil based? My GF is scared to death of needles but would entertain it if it was a slin pin.

generally the recommended way to do it is a full dose every 4 days for a series of 7 injections and then monthly there after. i hate the whole needle thing myself so the thought of doing it every 4 days has never happened. i do them biweekly instead.

it is very thick and a hard push through a 25g so im not sure a slin needle would be a very good choice. the compound itself does not burn but often because of the pressure and movement that my techs are doing, it hurts :)

M

MeatLocker

Oct 23, 2011
I'm very interested in this! Thanks for sharing this info!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic