Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Police arrest man in months-long Wayne steroid investigation

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
WAYNE — A months-long investigation into illegal steroids distribution at township gyms and schools produced its first arrest Tuesday when a 24-year-old township man was nabbed on his way to a Hamburg Turnpike fitness center.

Michael Massaro, of Harmer Terrace, was getting out of his car in front of the World Gym at the Wedgewood Plaza shopping center when he was stopped by a police officer with search warrants from a three-month-long investigation, Detective Captain James Clarke said.

He was charged with four counts of possession of anabolic steroids and one count of possession of a needle and syringe after police found an unspecified amount of the drug in his car and his house, Clarke said. The charges carry fines of up to $35,000 and / or a sentence of three to five years of incarceration.

“Both the Wayne police department special operations unit and the D.E.A. are continuing the investigation into the distribution of anabolic steroids in the township,” Clarke said. “We are hoping to stem the tide with this.”

Police think a “small community” of people is selling steroids in the township. While they are not connected, they likely know each other through area weight-lifting centers, Clarke said.

“Our biggest concern is the fact they may be reaching kids in the high school system in Wayne,” Clarke said.

Massaro was released on his on recognizance and is due at Wayne Municipal Court for an arraignment on Oct. 28.

The lead investigating officer was Wayne Detective Michael Zaccone. The Newark field division office of the federal Drug Enforcement Agency also assisted with the investigation.

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
Months long investigation for what, I dont see a sizeable enough quantity to even warrant a state level investigation, and HS kids...really? thats just reaching when you realize you busted some end user and you want to make it more than it was ever worth to the taxpayers, thats it go for the 'protect the kids'...if thats the case then go after drugs that HS'ers actually abuse.

Growinboy

Growinboy

MuscleHead
Sep 25, 2010
No kidding AJ... I dont remember the exact number, but in Texas they instituted a steroid testing program statewide for HSers that cost around $3million... They caught THREE KIDS... A million bucks a pop... what a waste...

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
No kidding AJ... I dont remember the exact number, but in Texas they instituted a steroid testing program statewide for HSers that cost around $3million... They caught THREE KIDS... A million bucks a pop... what a waste...

I mean lets think about that GB, thats the judgement of the anti AAS people, if there judgement is a watermark of such exorbitant spending and overkill then what does that say about other judgements, oh say the dangerous of AAS, which are fucking FAR overblown.
Take that 3million and create some jobs!! Maybe people wouldnt sell drugs if the employment opportunities were out there.

jdjack

jdjack

MuscleHead
Sep 22, 2010
Now show me 3mil of crack or meth off the streets and there'd be 100 of heads rolling. The 'real big shots' don't want this to stop. They make too much off of it.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic