Members
Latest Member
CptnProton

Pliney the elder - Russian river brewing

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
Just had this one recently and while it didn't quite live to the hype it was a damn good IPA. Had it on fraught from a freshly tapped keg .... Later had it bottled and it doesn't compare... Any fans of Russian river here? I have a few others in bottle I am waiting to try

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Send some this way, I need a CA beer source :)

I thought it was really good, I didn't think it was the best out there.

Lil Ed

Lil Ed

VIP Member
Jul 15, 2011
If they ever decide to bottle up that Plieny the younger tripple IPA. now that is worth the effort.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
You can only get the younger at he brewery on a specific day once a year.

All honesty here, The Blind Pig from Russian River is 10,000 x better than the elder and younger. It’s RRB best beer, only on Tap at the brewery.

Attachments

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
when I was on the west coast, I have been able to drink all their beers except the Younger, so many great beers out now that are not easy to acquire.

I almost had a chance to try the Heady Topper,.... that is said to be one of the greatest IPA's ever.. but no dice as of yet
Alchemist Heady Topper
https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/alchemist-heady-topper/32329/
Next time I get some Heady I will let you know and send you a few, have had it many times.

Lil Ed

Lil Ed

VIP Member
Jul 15, 2011
Damn LK that would be awesome. I can get you a cigar city hunahpu if you want. I had a few of them, some were 7 years old. Drank a few with my Dad and my son on his birthday, or I can get you Goose Island County Bourbon Stout.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Damn LK that would be awesome. I can get you a cigar city hunahpu if you want. I had a few of them, some were 7 years old. Drank a few with my Dad and my son on his birthday, or I can get you Goose Island County Bourbon Stout.
Love me some Huna, I have 1 left in the basement.

Have you had any Treehouse yet? Best damn IPA's dude..

Lil Ed

Lil Ed

VIP Member
Jul 15, 2011
No bro, but I have heard that its a magical concoction of a beverage. I'm just in the wrong place for getting the great IPA's now.