Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Please help,

S

SoccerGirlXI

Sep 2, 2018
Hello!

A quick introduction of myself here: So I’m a 15 years old girl and I have a question about the look of my stomach. So here’s the deal: About 8 months ago I started seriously training and losing weight, I managed to lose about 16 kg (I used to weight 70.1 kg but now I’m 53.9 kg), I was quite happy with my progress until at some point I realized that my stomach doesn’t really make much progress anymore and in my opinion it looks a little weird even
I’m going to post some pics of my progress and please I really hope that someone smarter than me on this genre can answer my question, I really don’t know what to do or who to ask :)
So in case I left something unclear above: My question is why does my stomach look like it does, can I do something to change it or is it normal and I’m just worrying for nothing.

Thanks in advance

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
Do not post pictures here, or anywhere for that matter.
First, you are a minor; the internet is not kind to children.
Second, your body is still developing. If you have concerns, they should be directed towards your physician.
I'm sorry, but this is not a good place for you.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
God, I effin hate where we are nowadays but I agree not to post up pictures.

That said, what you’re describing sounds like a classic case of “first place to gain it, last place to lose it”. In other words, you probably tend to gain fat around your stomach first, which means it’ll be the last place that gets lean, which also means that you’ll go through an awkward phase like you’re in now, which finally means that it’s awesome that you’ve come this far having lost 16kg already so just lose a few more kgs HEALTHILY and be proud of yourself and drive on.

/PSA

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
I thought Turbo was the only minor on here

S

SoccerGirlXI

Sep 2, 2018
God, I effin hate where we are nowadays but I agree not to post up pictures.

That said, what you’re describing sounds like a classic case of “first place to gain it, last place to lose it”. In other words, you probably tend to gain fat around your stomach first, which means it’ll be the last place that gets lean, which also means that you’ll go through an awkward phase like you’re in now, which finally means that it’s awesome that you’ve come this far having lost 16kg already so just lose a few more kgs HEALTHILY and be proud of yourself and drive on.

/PSA
Thank you

S

SoccerGirlXI

Sep 2, 2018
Thank you
But like do you know about how much it should be? I am 174 cm tall, I play soccer and my body fat percentage is around 15%. Plus I used to weight 52 kg but then there was like a damn hole in the middle of my stomach... so that’s why I’m little scared in losing even more weight :(

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I have two boys so I am not good with BF % for teenage girls sounds rather low, I could be offbase though. If you play soccer you should have some decent core exercises that tighten up that mid-section. If you started loosing weight 8 months ago, you probably have some catching up body wise to your new weight.
I think @MAYO had some good advice common sense wise.

S

SoccerGirlXI

Sep 2, 2018
I have two boys so I am not good with BF % for teenage girls sounds rather low, I could be offbase though. If you play soccer you should have some decent core exercises that tighten up that mid-section. If you started loosing weight 8 months ago, you probably have some catching up body wise to your new weight.
I think @MAYO had some good advice common sense wise.
Thanks for hearing me out and I was wondering if you can maybe recommend some exercises what would help me with my issue? :)

DaSarge

DaSarge

VIP Member
Nov 20, 2014
It's hard for me to recommend specific exercises without seeing what the "issues" are. I agree with the other about not posting photos of yourself, but perhaps you could show photos of people who may have similar "issues"??? Maybe do an internet search and see if you can find someone in a similar situation??? Regardless, good luck and keep us updated. There are people here to help...

S

SoccerGirlXI

Sep 2, 2018
Thanks for hearing me out and I was wondering if you can maybe recommend exercises what would help me with my issue?
It's hard for me to recommend specific exercises without seeing what the "issues" are. I agree with the other about not posting photos of yourself, but perhaps you could show photos of people who may have similar "issues"??? Maybe do an internet search and see if you can find someone in a similar situation??? Regardless, good luck and keep us updated. There are people here to help...

Thanks for answering and dealing with me :) So I want to be clear here: My goal is to build abdominal muscles and hopefully get them to show :) It seems to me like I kinda already have something there but I’m not too sure. As for the pictures part: I found some and that’s exactly what I have.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
First thing to realize. For women, fat is ESSENTIAL. All these instagram pics of these women (and men) looking incredibly fit, are just a brief fraction of time. Many of these people prep to drop water and look as 'tight' as they can. Many of these women, drop to unhealthy levels of fat which would not be something you want as a developing teen.

My daughter is 14 1/2. She too has unrealistic ideas of how she wants to look. She dances ballet 15 hours a week. She is 'fit' but I have to constantly reassure her that many of the images you see are not realistic expectations for a growing girl.

If you are as fit as the person in the pics you posted, just enjoy your life. That person in the pics with just a water manipulation and tan and proper lighting could take pics that stand up to any of the instagram fitness stars out there.

Dont be too hard.....pictures can be very deceptive.

Best of luck and shoot for a healthy balanced life.

S

SoccerGirlXI

Sep 2, 2018
First thing to realize. For women, fat is ESSENTIAL. All these instagram pics of these women (and men) looking incredibly fit, are just a brief fraction of time. Many of these people prep to drop water and look as 'tight' as they can. Many of these women, drop to unhealthy levels of fat which would not be something you want as a developing teen.

My daughter is 14 1/2. She too has unrealistic ideas of how she wants to look. She dances ballet 15 hours a week. She is 'fit' but I have to constantly reassure her that many of the images you see are not realistic expectations for a growing girl.

If you are as fit as the person in the pics you posted, just enjoy your life. That person in the pics with just a water manipulation and tan and proper lighting could take pics that stand up to any of the instagram fitness stars out there.

Dont be too hard.....pictures can be very deceptive.

Best of luck and shoot for a healthy balanced life.

Thanks for answering again of course :)
To be honest with you, it is actually me on the pictures. So I would like to ask three more questions in it is okay:
1. How would you rate my current fitness level?
2. What should I do in order to get my abs show more?
3. Is my stomach weird or normal looking?
I know that my questions might probably seem a little weird or stupid even but I’m really new to this kind of stuff and there is so much different information out there :(
So please if you can answer to my questions, please do :)

Thanks in advance and by the way it’s a really friendly community here ;)

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic