Members
Latest Member
Hautebusted

please help my bench shirt form

H

hungryh

May 14, 2011
Hi guy,

New member here, I compete raw but am looking to compete equipped in 2014, so I got a new metal jack shirt, its very loose but when I compete I will probably get a new one in a size smaller, or a metal ace in a size smaller, or a 2 2ply rage x.

Anyways, only 3rd time in the bench shirt, can you please help with the form?
just want to say I know it's bad lol but I do not know anyone with a shirt so have to learn it for myself, nor do I own boards so cannot train with them

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=774503542575739&set=vb.100000483021005&type=2&theater

kbordner

kbordner

VIP Pops
Dec 18, 2012
Yea the shirt is way too big. It appears you are not getting much out of it. The only thing I notice is you do not seem to be getting any leg drive. Easy to talk about but hard to do. Other than that form was pretty good. I would try to tuck the elbows a little more and the bar will come down lower on the chest. Ken

H

hungryh

May 14, 2011
Yea the shirt is way too big. It appears you are not getting much out of it. The only thing I notice is you do not seem to be getting any leg drive. Easy to talk about but hard to do. Other than that form was pretty good. I would try to tuck the elbows a little more and the bar will come down lower on the chest. Ken

yeah well I can only bench 170kg or about 400lbs raw o its still giving me 50kg, but thats not what I want to hear haha..I did buy it with the intention of growing into it...luckily I have an overkill shirt which is smaller, but cannot get into it myself and there are no lifters where I live (literally, like nobody that can bench more than 80kg) so can't get a hand.... I can try get it on and post a vid, but no way will I be able to touch in it.

H

hungryh

May 14, 2011
It's a metal jack, size 54, with 56 sized arms, which I aleso trimmed a half inch of each.
What size do you think I would need,in metal's sizing, at 90kg 5'9, 46.7 inch chest and 51.7 inch shoulders? might even buy a metal ace for competing in the new season in a perfect size if I know what that is.

kbordner

kbordner

VIP Pops
Dec 18, 2012
Not sure.....I would just call Elite and talk to them....they will help you out.

H

hungryh

May 14, 2011
Not sure.....I would just call Elite and talk to them....they will help you out.

will they pick up? I have tried to call metal dozens of times but they have never once gotten back to me... such a pity, considering I love their gear

H

hungryh

May 14, 2011
and have sent them dozens of emails, even added on fb...they just refuse to respond haha

kbordner

kbordner

VIP Pops
Dec 18, 2012
Well they used to be real cool...maybe they got to big.

H

hungryh

May 14, 2011
hey kbordner do you know anyone that uses metal equipment here? I might get myself a new smaller shirt for myself for christmas...if I can find out which size would be perfect for me. Maybe an ace, one size smaller than the jack? (52 with 54 arms?)

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
Don't sweat the size of the shirt yet - it's easier to learn a loose shirt. Just have the sleeves tightened after your first meet. For now you can get more out of it by jacking the collar and/or sleeves.

A few big points:

Have someone pull your belt down as you set up- it's cutting off your belly from rising up to the bar.

Find side spotters for a 3-man lift off or bench in a cage. Your spotter looks nervous, the liftoff looks bad, and if you break form and the bar comes over your face you'll end up ugly. Better yet find a team to help you.

Take your lift off with arms straight, tuck your elbows as you break and go straight for your belly/sternum. You are breaking with elbows out and going so slow that the shirt, albeit loose, is locking up.

Before the shirt starts to lock up, start pulling it in. Do a row. More speed will also help you touch. You can easily touch with this weight but your form is off and there's no momentum to help. The shirt didn't completely lock up either - you just ran away from the pressure. Learn to love the "eyes popping out" feeling.

I'm willing to bet that one workout with a good team is all it'll take to get you to touch with around 200kg. If you need help finding a team to train with - PM me.

kbordner

kbordner

VIP Pops
Dec 18, 2012
All I know is I remember JM Blakely saying if it doesn't hurt to put it on it's too loose. PLK above is spot on.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic