Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Platelet rich plasma injections

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
This process is being heavily reviewed by most major sports organizations. My guess is it will be considered a "performance enhancing" drug very soon. The process invloves "spinning" blood to separate the plasma, which is then reinjected into the body. These platelets in the plasma have great site specific healing powers. Tiger Woods took a lot of heat for using this method to recover from a knee injury. Obviously it must work really well, or no one would care about banning it.

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
If I could afford it i'd love to give it a try for some nagging tendons! Yea i'm sure the government will screw this one up as well.

jdjack

jdjack

MuscleHead
Sep 22, 2010
Giving plasma, has been being done for a long time now. Don't see how they're really going to make this into 'doping', but with marketing anything is really possible.

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
Giving plasma, has been being done for a long time now. Don't see how they're really going to make this into 'doping', but with marketing anything is really possible.

The difference here is that the plasma is coming from your own body and being reinjected site specifically to help an injury heal quicker than it would have. I agree that this should be legal, but apparently people are now trying to get this therapy to avoid injuries or strengthen weak links in their physique. I'm not sure how well it works for those purposes, but I'm sure that's why it's under investigation.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic