Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Plantar Fasciitis

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
What in the holy hell? I can't walk today. I have no idea why but Sunday morning I woke up. Numbness in left leg and was limping all day yesterday.
I get up in the middle of the night several times and only thing I can think of is that I somehow hurt it getting out of bed as I always plant it first.
Any tips for those that have had it? I got it about 10 years ago and was able to knock it out with the docs advice of wearing shoes every where but shower and bed and rolling with a frozen water bottle. It wasn't this bad though. My bad habit of not wearing crocs around the house caught up with me I guess. Not sure why my leg and lower back are numb. I got into the doc but not for another weak and begged 2 podiatrists for help and no new patients. If it gets any worse I guess I can go to immediate care.

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
Where is the pain?
Foot or leg?

Shit like this freaks me out since I had/have two blood clots in my left leg, one became a pulmonary embolism.

parttimer

parttimer

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2011
It's usually isolated to the arch of the foot and can be unbearable. Mine finally got better from walking with no shoes while I'm vacation.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
Where is the pain?
Foot or leg?

Shit like this freaks me out since I had/have two blood clots in my left leg, one became a pulmonary embolism.
It's in my heel/arch and unbelievably painful. Been doing stretches and massages but can't walk really well.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
. . . . Not sure why my leg and lower back are numb. I got into the doc but not for another weak and begged 2 podiatrists for help and no new patients. If it gets any worse I guess I can go to immediate care.
THIS caught my eye. Your foot, or leg, may be doing the complaining, but the problem may be up in the spine.

There's probably a million other possibilities, but when you do get to see someone about it, make sure they don't just focus on where the pain is but also where else may be causing it.

Wife has scoliosis ... sideways curvature of the spine. This can be hardly noticeable when you're young but does not get better with age. Recently she is experiencing pain in one foot, and that is the doctors' best guess as the cause.
Not saying you have scoliosis ... you'd probably already have been diagnosed by now, but there's lots of other ways the spine can mistreat you.

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Couple yrs ago my feet started killing me and some good insoles took care of that, yrs before it was a pinch nerve causing back/leg numbness and I needed L4-L5 fused. Hope you're on the mend soon. Are NSAIDs and tylenol knocking the edge off?

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Im Suffering as well, my right foot/heel. Especially at night or first thing. I’m confused by some of the replies. Wear shoes or not?

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
THIS caught my eye. Your foot, or leg, may be doing the complaining, but the problem may be up in the spine.

There's probably a million other possibilities, but when you do get to see someone about it, make sure they don't just focus on where the pain is but also where else may be causing it.

Wife has scoliosis ... sideways curvature of the spine. This can be hardly noticeable when you're young but does not get better with age. Recently she is experiencing pain in one foot, and that is the doctors' best guess as the cause.
Not saying you have scoliosis ... you'd probably already have been diagnosed by now, but there's lots of other ways the spine can mistreat you.
Yes I definitely have something going on on my lower back on that side it has been locking up for almost 2 years now a relic of sitting down too much . He'll I threw it out one time putting my pants on another time just picking up a dumbbell . Thanks for reminding me about it. I am going to see if I can get to the doc tomorrow and get the shot.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
It sucks and screws up life that’s for sure. You really need some good insoles and start get some massage or chiropractor to work on you. You’d be surprised how much better you’ll be. You can try using a tennis ball to stretch out your arch too. But go to podiatrist and take care of your feet.

rAJJIN

rAJJIN

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 30, 2011
My ole gpa use to get gout.
It would hurt if the wind even blew on it.
Looked pretty rough.
I’ve had some mild plantar fasciitis but lucky it went away on its own.

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020

Yes I definitely have something going on on my lower back on that side it has been locking up for almost 2 years now a relic of sitting down too much . He'll I threw it out one time putting my pants on another time just picking up a dumbbell . Thanks for reminding me about it. I am going to see if I can get to the doc tomorrow and get the shot.

parttimer

parttimer

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2011
I found not wearing them helped, probably because when I put my foot down it allowed the foot to stretch. In shoes your feet are stuck. One of my doctors actually said to move your foot in the shape of each letter of the cursive alphabet to stretch. I know some people will be fucked since they don't teach it!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic