Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Plantar Fasciitis

parttimer

parttimer

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2011
do you have good days and bad days? I know i do, some days I am just fine in the morning, others I look like Mr. Magoo walking. I have the toe less compression socks now, trying that, going to try sleeping with the damn boot again too. As for the calf grinding, it was one of the few times pain made me sick to my stomach!

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
do you have good days and bad days? I know i do, some days I am just fine in the morning, others I look like Mr. Magoo walking. I have the toe less compression socks now, trying that, going to try sleeping with the damn boot again too. As for the calf grinding, it was one of the few times pain made me sick to my stomach!

POB grinded my calf and I was holding my breath for most of it. My ole lady is half his size so while it hurts, it's not unbearable.

Yes, I have some days where I feel confident and others where I wonder what the fukk I did to deserve this stupid nagging pain. The compression socks did nothing for me, FYI. I've also been stretching out my toes and balls of my feet when I floss (look up voodoo floss if you don't know what it is) my foot.

almost 4 months of this shit and I just want it to be over.

parttimer

parttimer

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2011
Ughh. I'll look up flossing next, something has to work

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
parttimer @DF

I have noticed a considerable difference when I walk around the house barefoot/socks these past few days. Our house is a shoes off home due to my kids still crawling and I'm finding that without the insole support, it's causing more damage. So I bought an "indoor only" pair of slippers with room to put the insole in the shoe.

Just something to think about....

As you can tell, I've fully immersed myself into finding a cure so I can get back to pulling, squatting, running etc. This shit is for the birds.

parttimer

parttimer

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2011
Yes, you must wear shoes when dealing with this. I find even a short period of time with no shoes sets me back.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Day 6 with the boot. The limp improved today and the area seemed to cover less of my heel. Not much, but noticeable enough to mention.

I read from many of the reviews that it takes up to (sometimes) 3 weeks to see a sustainable difference.....but this morning, I gained some optimism.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Update from Podiatrist visit this morning.

Torn Fascia. New MRI Thursday morning to determine if/when I need surgery and/or a boot for "x" time. But it will also show if the tear is 'along the grain' or if it's slowly severing horizontally. If no surgery, I could be in a boot up to 4 months plus an aircast for 3-6 weeks. If surgery, 8-12 weeks in the boot plus 4 weeks of PT, aircast etc.

Either way, I just can't stay healthy.....might be time to try some GH...

htu

htu

Jan 15, 2012
I had this and it hurt like crazy. I feel your pain. Mine eventually just went away, but does act up every now and then for a day or two. I would roll my foot over a cold can of veggies. I put a can in the freezer for a while than sat watching TV rolling my foot back and forth on the can. It really made it feel better. Like everyone else said, get some insoles. I went to a running shop and paid $65 for a set of insoles since I stand a lot. They actually video taped me walking and recommended a certain pair based on this. This took away all the pain, but they have to be replaced every 6 months (or less). Best wishes on getting a cure.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
I had this and it hurt like crazy. I feel your pain. Mine eventually just went away, but does act up every now and then for a day or two. I would roll my foot over a cold can of veggies. I put a can in the freezer for a while than sat watching TV rolling my foot back and forth on the can. It really made it feel better. Like everyone else said, get some insoles. I went to a running shop and paid $65 for a set of insoles since I stand a lot. They actually video taped me walking and recommended a certain pair based on this. This took away all the pain, but they have to be replaced every 6 months (or less). Best wishes on getting a cure.

Since you posted (and thank you for contributing), I feel that I should update the thread. Turns out I have a tear in the plantar fascia itself. The tear is on the inside of my arch and thus caused me to overload the outside edges of the fascia which caused more inflammation/swelling. For what appears to be related, I have edema around the area of my heel, ankle and on the outside of my fibia.

Prognosis:

Received a cortisone shot last Tuesday in my heel (that tickled)
anti inflammatory meds for edema
I wear a boot 80% of the time
Ice nightly
stretch the calves and toes twice/day
roll the calves with foam roller
Hydrate the fukk out of myself.

Shouldn't be much more than another 3-4 weeks with this regimen....he quoted me 6ish in the beginning. My Doctor also agreed to show me how to effectively tape/wrap for anything where I'm not able to be in the boot for immobilization. So it's rest and more rest, essentially for now.

dragnflies

dragnflies

Feb 2, 2016
I changed over to zero grade, zero support shoes. This solved my problem and I have had no further issues. I just can't go from support to barefoot or sandals and back, it's crippling.

B

bthatch

Jul 8, 2016
To anyone that has dealt with this, what in the fuq!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plantar_fasciitis

Can't squat lately-cripples me for a week
Can't run- 3-4 day recovery
Playing ice hockey: 2-3 days of pain afterwards.

Mornings are the worst....takes 30-45 mins to walk without a limp.

Podiatrist says stop doing all of the above for 6-10 weeks, wear special insoles and some compression sleeve thingy that he convinced me to spend 40 bucks on.

Has anyone had any other remedies that have yielded quicker results?

I'm not obese, I'm active but cannot give up everything that keeps me in decent shape....but this daily pain is starting to become a major hindrance.

Thoughts?

I am pretty sure there is surgery for it but I wouldn't go down that route. In my personal opinion I would go to a podiatrist and get some orthodox mad it could make a world of difference/ Hope this helps!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic