Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Plantar Fasciitis

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Good luck, I find even sitting in my recliner with no shoes on sucks when it's time to stand back up! If you find something that works let me know too!

So I ditched rolling it out with a golf ball/tennis ball/lacrosse ball for now and got a studded roller that can be filled with hot water or ice cubes/cold water. It hurts but the aftermath this morning wasn't as bad as the last week or so has been.

This was after flossing it with voodoo floss and stretching the shit out of my calves and achilles....worked on it for about an hour and as I type now, I'm rolling it out with the studded roller.

Probably not going to play hockey but the dumb jock in me wants to get out on the ice....

Either way, I'll update this to keep you posted....I don't mind being a lab rat as I try whatever I can to get rid of this.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
check out goodfeet.com these cups worked for me as did stretching.

Thanks hpr. There are a couple of stores nearby and they require appointments. Since the website doesn't provide any pricing details, what would I be walking into? I'm assuming that they push hard on the sale?

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
To anyone that has dealt with this, what in the fuq!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plantar_fasciitis

Can't squat lately-cripples me for a week
Can't run- 3-4 day recovery
Playing ice hockey: 2-3 days of pain afterwards.

Mornings are the worst....takes 30-45 mins to walk without a limp.

Podiatrist says stop doing all of the above for 6-10 weeks, wear special insoles and some compression sleeve thingy that he convinced me to spend 40 bucks on.

Has anyone had any other remedies that have yielded quicker results?

I'm not obese, I'm active but cannot give up everything that keeps me in decent shape....but this daily pain is starting to become a major hindrance.

Thoughts?

My gym owner is a Masters Degree coach and Former Powerlifter - I had same injury and what I did he told me: Fill plastic water or soda bottle with water, place in freezer until it is ice then 20 minutes every once in while while you watch TV you roll your foot over it- It will hasten the healing worked for me

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
My gym owner is a Masters Degree coach and Former Powerlifter - I had same injury and what I did he told me: Fill plastic water or soda bottle with water, place in freezer until it is ice then 20 minutes every once in while while you watch TV you roll your foot over it- It will hasten the healing worked for me

Thanks Kets!

H

hardpr

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2012
i think mine cost 40$
Thanks hpr. There are a couple of stores nearby and they require appointments. Since the website doesn't provide any pricing details, what would I be walking into? I'm assuming that they push hard on the sale?

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
hardpr Check out amazon for some night time boots. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...sciitis+night+splint&sprefix=plantar+,hpc,226

I bought this one http://www.amazon.com/Plantar-Fasci...r=1-5&keywords=plantar+fasciitis+night+splint and although its bulky; after 3 days, I'm not limping as bad as I was. Still in pain after sitting on the couch for 15-20 mins and sleeping but the boot has helped slightly so far. Reading some of the reviews, it appears that after a week or two I'll start to notice more relief.

DF

DF

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2012
I've been battling the plantar fasciitis myself. I have to wear dress shoes for work & I found that Dr. Scholl's gel insoles really do help. They wont cure the condition, but they help keep the inflammation down. https://www.drscholls.com/productsandbrands/massaginggelinsoles/ The down side is I need to buy another pair for my workboots. One day wearing workboots without the gel insert just really sets me back.

[h=1][/h][h=1][/h]

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
I've been battling the plantar fasciitis myself. I have to wear dress shoes for work & I found that Dr. Scholl's gel insoles really do help. They wont cure the condition, but they help keep the inflammation down. https://www.drscholls.com/productsandbrands/massaginggelinsoles/ The down side is I need to buy another pair for my workboots. One day wearing workboots without the gel insert just really sets me back.

Same here DF. I bought the heel inserts for workboots/sneakers and the gel inserts for my dress shoes....trying everything I can to get back to squatting, pulling, running again. Hockey alone won't do it for me and the aftermath is brutal with the limping 24-48 hours post skate.

Reactions: DF
parttimer

parttimer

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2011
@hardpr Check out amazon for some night time boots. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_s...sciitis+night+splint&sprefix=plantar+,hpc,226

I bought this one http://www.amazon.com/Plantar-Fasci...r=1-5&keywords=plantar+fasciitis+night+splint and although its bulky; after 3 days, I'm not limping as bad as I was. Still in pain after sitting on the couch for 15-20 mins and sleeping but the boot has helped slightly so far. Reading some of the reviews, it appears that after a week or two I'll start to notice more relief.

Are you able to sleep the entire night? I bought those and found my foot would fall asleep.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Are you able to sleep the entire night? I bought those and found my foot would fall asleep.

Without socks or pants, it was uncomfortable and I woke up the first two nights from my toes being ice cold from the straps. Even if the straps are loose, it's better than nothing as long as your foot stays in that 90 degree position (for me, anyhow). I don't typically sleep with socks or jogging pants but since I tried having some fabric in between, it helped get me through the night.

parttimer

parttimer

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2011
Without socks or pants, it was uncomfortable and I woke up the first two nights from my toes being ice cold from the straps. Even if the straps are loose, it's better than nothing as long as your foot stays in that 90 degree position (for me, anyhow). I don't typically sleep with socks or jogging pants but since I tried having some fabric in between, it helped get me through the night.

Ok, that is what happened for me, I'd lose my toes. I'll try again. I also started having my chiro rub my calf and insole. I didn't know he was going to use a steel rod and it would sound like bubble wrap popping when he did it though!

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Ok, that is what happened for me, I'd lose my toes. I'll try again. I also started having my chiro rub my calf and insole. I didn't know he was going to use a steel rod and it would sound like bubble wrap popping when he did it though!

Haha, I have a sleeve from a barbell that my baby momma grinds on my achilles and calf.....shit hurts, no doubt but there is partial relief. The insole, I grind it with a softball and this rolling contraption that can be filled with ice and/or hot water. Not so bad when I can roll it in my office while working.

Still, the limping and pain from it is worse than I ever thought it would get.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic