Members
Latest Member
Imsprod1
What's New?

Plant protein powders or regular whey

S

stevemc

Nov 19, 2011
Hey guys I'm just wondering some opinions or maybe you can link me some articles. I been reading that whey isn't the greatest due to how it's processed and I'm trying to stay away from dairy personally. But can I get complete proteins from organic powder and does that even really matter as long as there not meal replacements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Hey guys I'm just wondering some opinions or maybe you can link me some articles. I been reading that whey isn't the greatest due to how it's processed and I'm trying to stay away from dairy personally. But can I get complete proteins from organic powder and does that even really matter as long as there not meal replacements.

Good question!... I'm interested as well!...Years ago in my endeavor to ascertain the "perfect" anabolic, healthy formula for muscle build, I came across an medical article that indicated whey is a good healer....Not sure about this next statement, however, it also said that they use it for burn victims!....Again, this was many years ago!....

Hopefully, we can get some solid feedback on this....☺

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Whey is a fantastic supplement. The only veggie protein worth anything is hemp protein, which has a very difficult taste to adjust to. Otherwise, you're better off just eating food.

I love dairy too much to give it up. It's such a convenient and yummy source of protein. Low fat cheese, Greek yogurt, whey, milk (I use carbmaster, which is expensive, but it's very high in protein and low in carbs/fat).

Unfortunately, there aren't too many other options out there that aren't high in calories and it makes it a little more difficult to hit your macros if you're dieting.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Not all whey is equal. If you buy a cold process, micro filtered isolate, it is about as good as you can get. MANY MANY health benefits beyond anabolic support.

If the reason you are staying away from dairy is a lactose intolerance, than this same type protein will be fine. Virtually zero carb (lactose free).

Any other reason you are trying to avoid dairy? Dairy is a staple for me.

S

stevemc

Nov 19, 2011
I love dairy I was just wondering because I seen an advert on how unhealthy the processing of protein powders is. They said it was actually from a baby cows stomach and that didn't sound appealing. Prolly not much truth to it anyways.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic